"Pro-cycle" Chain Breaker............any good ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Reaon for the question is that I have one.........it came complete with a few other tools in a cheap rear wedge type bag I purchased years ago.
It operates in-what I assume-is the normal way but requires an hex/allen key for sufficient pressure. That may be the same for all such tools.......I have never used one.

I have not got any spare bits of chain to try it on.
Now I am into more serious cycling- and next week am planning my first 50 miler.......I dont want to be 25 miles from home and unable to fix it (should it happen:ohmy:).

midlife

Guru
I have a couple if these....

$_35.JPG

Is there any other kind :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a couple if these....

$_35.JPG

Is there any other kind :smile:

Shaun
What is that little "pin" type thingymajig ??
My splitter is similar but without the "turning" handle..... where that is I need to insert & use an allen key

midlife

Guru
The pin thingy us the official spare part and usually gets lost somewhere in the bottom of the drawer.

Yours takes up less space as you apply the turning force with an Allen key which you should be carrying anyway.

Shaun

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The pin thingy us the official spare part and usually gets lost somewhere in the bottom of the drawer.

Yours takes up less space as you apply the turning force with an Allen key which you should be carrying anyway.

Shaun

I do carry a decent set of allen keys.
So.........in theory........is the pin thingy not necessary ????
Or should I have one ?

midlife

Guru
The extra pin thingy is in case you damage the pin in the chain splitter. Ignore it, I'm not sure they come with them now.

Shaun

Top Bottom