Pro red light jumpers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

If you don't understand someone's point, SM, using insults to emphasise that doesn't make the other person look bad.

Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

That was a typo that I've now edited, it's the downside to being dyslexic.

I was highlighting him being condescending, not using an insult. He was condescending. I understood his point clearly. If you think his point is valid, then you can lock the topic, as I'm sure you would have done. If you're quite happy to pull someone up for replying in a way you do not see fit to an equally rude message you should pull the other person up too, just a suggestion...

Cress1968

Surely the behaviour of pros is something that we should discuss. Why should a child respect a red light when their hero doesn't?
How many children witnessed this? ..... Just wondering ;)
Personally speaking my children respect a red light cos that's how I brought them up, not because they once seen shearer standing patiently waiting for the green light. If I ever heard them say I'm jumping a light cos shearer did then a clip round the lug would follow and myself enquiring if he jumped off a bridge would they follow?

Norm

I'd recommend a touch of self-awareness, SM, but you seem so ready to see condescension where none is intended that it would probably be self-defeating.

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

I'd recommend a touch of self-awareness, SM, but you seem so ready to see condescension where none is intended that it would probably be self-defeating.

Oh, I know exactly what I'm doing. I've been doing it successfully for years.

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

How many children witnessed this? ..... Just wondering ;)
Personally speaking my children respect a red light cos that's how I brought them up, not because they once seen shearer standing patiently waiting for the green light. If I ever heard them say I'm jumping a light cos shearer did then a clip round the lug would follow and myself enquiring if he jumped off a bridge would they follow?

I didn't count, I do get your point but people do like a good excuse. My point was that a person who could be held in high regard should at least attempt to behave as such publicly, we are all humans I would hope and thus prone to mistake.

Cress1968

I agree with you to a point but I think any responsible parent would ( had they witnessed it with their kids) have said there is a perfect example of how not to behave.
I think anyone who blames their child's behaviour on how someone in the public eye behaves is masking the fact they haven't done a very good job of raising their kid to be honest but as I said I take your point

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

I agree with you to a point but I think any responsible parent would ( had they witnessed it with their kids) have said there is a perfect example of how not to behave.
I think anyone who blames their child's behaviour on how someone in the public eye behaves is masking the fact they haven't done a very good job of raising their kid to be honest but as I said I take your point

I was actually suggesting that a mischievous child would try and use it as a reason, I was certainly not the most well behaved.

What a very strange thing to say. I do wonder what that means.

Read his Signature ;)

It seems to me that not many on here are that bothered that a Pro Cyclist has broken the law and jumped a red light ? now if Sportmonkey had said " i saw Jenson Button jump a red light in his car " you would all be calling for letters to MP's and asking for camera footage to report to the Police

Personally i could'nt give a toss if 2 Pro Cyclist jump a red light and end up sprawled across the bonnet or underneath some boy racers Citroen Saxo ... anyone that takes the chance deserves everything thats coming to them

Foxy

Norm

Read his Signature ;)
This should probably be one of those points where I'm glad that I have sigs turned off, but, because I have sigs turned off, I'll be missing out on that joy.

With respect to your analogy, Muddy, I think more accurate would be "Someone jumped a red light in a Mercedes and Michael Schumacher drives one of them so it must have been him..."

This should probably be one of those points where I'm glad that I have sigs turned off, but, because I have sigs turned off, I'll be missing out on that joy.

With respect to your analogy, Muddy, I think more accurate would be "Someone jumped a red light in a Mercedes and Michael Schumacher drives one of them so it must have been him..."

Judging by the way Shumacher crashed out in spectacular fashion today Norm, im not sure he would've seen the red light :whistle:

Top Bottom