Pro red light jumpers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Ed-send an email to British Cycling. You know the time, location and where they came out of. Put in a way that would encourage them to send a clear message to the bods that live in the property to respect the rules of the road.:smile:

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

This should probably be one of those points where I'm glad that I have sigs turned off, but, because I have sigs turned off, I'll be missing out on that joy.

With respect to your analogy, Muddy, I think more accurate would be "Someone jumped a red light in a Mercedes, Michael Schumacher drives one of them, they were wearing Schumacher's helmet, and outside Schumacher's house so it might have been him..."

FTFY

And I might pull the CCTV footage tomorrow and see if they were captured entering/exiting the flats. The joys of digital.

Were the two riders definitely TeamGB riders or could they have been uniformed-up wannabes?

You mean this guy isn't really a member of the Lampre squad?

I am stunned!

medium_fat-cyclist.jpg

trampyjoe

I live right next to a college and I can see the smoking area from my front door. I looked out this morning and can you believe it, there was a chap stood there smoking with a red football shirt on (couldn't see the team, he had his back to me.) and it had Beckham written across the top.
So going by the logic of the OP that was none other than David Beckham stood there smoking.

*disclaimer* the above is absolute balls as it's pissing down and no one is using the smoking area (probably huddled under the bike stand), I was using it to highlight the point that there are folk that feel the need to wear 'their teams' kit whilst doing rather stupid things.
Clearly the example would've worked better if I lived at old trafford (Eccles was close enough for me!)

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

I live right next to a college and I can see the smoking area from my front door. I looked out this morning and can you believe it, there was a chap stood there smoking with a red football shirt on (couldn't see the team, he had his back to me.) and it had Beckham written across the top.
So going by the logic of the OP that was none other than David Beckham stood there smoking.

*disclaimer* the above is absolute balls as it's ****ing down and no one is using the smoking area (probably huddled under the bike stand), I was using it to highlight the point that there are folk that feel the need to wear 'their teams' kit whilst doing rather stupid things.
Clearly the example would've worked better if I lived at old trafford (Eccles was close enough for me!)

Maybe if you lived/worked in Carrington and saw them week in week out, then saw one of them smoking it might be different. I see various team cyclists weekly, I mostly stare at the bikes. I did miss Wiggo however as I got in to work at midday when they'd been unloading the bikes from a Sky team Jag in the morning.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It's minor spats such as the one going on right here on this thread that emphasise a lack of cohesion and harmony between many of us in the cycling community that can only be damaging for all of us individually> If motorists see that we can't respect each other then what reason will they have to respect us by not mowing us down.
I think what we need is some sort of leader or King of all the cyclists who can step in and sort these things out by telling people what to do and out of a sense of great altruism and to save time and bother I will certainly step in as this master/emperor. I will happily take up my duties of telling everybody what to do just as soon as we have banded together as one and in harmony to build me an official residence and set up a modest annual stipend just to cover expenses of say about half a million quid a year. Obviously I won't want to be getting too knackered so I'll only be doing a 20 hr week and probably have 3 0r 4 months holiday a year. Any more hours than this would only lead to me making bad decisions through tiredness that you would all have to live with. (There I go again thinking of others)
Just let me know when you want me to start laying down the law and I'll get my stuff and move to the new palace.

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

It's minor spats such as the one going on right here on this thread that emphasise a lack of cohesion and harmony between many of us in the cycling community that can only be damaging for all of us individually> If motorists see that we can't respect each other then what reason will they have to respect us by not mowing us down.
I think what we need is some sort of leader or King of all the cyclists who can step in and sort these things out by telling people what to do and out of a sense of great altruism and to save time and bother I will certainly step in as this master/emperor. I will happily take up my duties of telling everybody what to do just as soon as we have banded together as one and in harmony to build me an official residence and set up a modest annual stipend just to cover expenses of say about half a million quid a year. Obviously I won't want to be getting too knackered so I'll only be doing a 20 hr week and probably have 3 0r 4 months holiday a year. Any more hours than this would only lead to me making bad decisions through tiredness that you would all have to live with. (There I go again thinking of others)
Just let me know when you want me to start laying down the law and I'll get my stuff and move to the new palace.

Unfortunately I can't let anyone from Leicester become a leader. I mean, you go on the fire as an addition to Derby...

trampyjoe

Unfortunately I can't let anyone from Leicester become a leader. I mean, you go on the fire as an addition to Derby...
Says the one from Warrington!

Anyways, I can't fault what you said about them being actual pro riders if you have to watch them enter and leave all day, so I will back down on that (although do you watch them cos you are paid to or are you an actual real life crazy as a box of frogs stalker?).

OP
OP
S

SportMonkey

Says the one from Warrington!

Anyways, I can't fault what you said about them being actual pro riders if you have to watch them enter and leave all day, so I will back down on that (although do you watch them cos you are paid to or are you an actual real life crazy as a box of frogs stalker?).

Our building has IP security cameras, they provide useful feeds to manipulate for work.

And I'm not from Warrington, hence the Leicester comment.

Norm

It means I've unchecked the tick box in my profile so I don't usually see anyone's signatures. When I do have to check them out, I'm invariably immensely grateful to turn them off again.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It's just this sort of prejudice that I will be stamping out. When Coventry exists it seems a bit harsh to bang on about Leicester. Besides we are way better than Derby which smells funny because of the second rate brewing industry in the county. No no no, Leicester is much more beterer than Derby or Coventry, rivalled in the area only really by Nottingham, although now we have got King Richard buried in our city centre we can compete with their mostly fictitious "Robin Hood".

Top Bottom