Pro Transfers for 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wait... these guys managed to continue their team?!?
Is there no organisation out there (UCI, UCE, or I don't know...) that can put some long-term/definitive suspension to this team?
I imagine that with sponsors being so scarce they think it's better to let them carry on. Unless you think it's a team led dope system?

The Couch

Über Member
I imagine that with sponsors being so scarce they think it's better to let them carry on. Unless you think it's a team led dope system?
Whether it's team led doping or a "laissez-faire" attitude combined with poor/questionable choices in attracting riders, this team has had too many strikes the last years and they clearly aren't getting any better at controlling their riders
(be it prohibiting/preventing doping or stimulate more wisely doping... depending on your view of current cycling)

The Couch

Über Member
It's not the same team. Nippo-Vini Fantini are a Japan-based outfit. The team formerly known as Vini Fantini are now Neri Sottoli.
Okay, I apologize to the team for the mistake (although they remain in the "dangerous zone" because of getting Cunego) ;)

By the way... just checked the nero sottoli website (which is still called "yellowfluoteam"), they still have Rabottini in their rider list:blush:.. then again they even have 2 riders in their rider list where they apparently haven't even been able to find/take a picture of :blink:
...and this is a team that has been invited to the Giro all of the past years....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
they remain in the "dangerous zone" because of getting Cunego

Well, it's funny you should say that but I only discovered they were a different team because my initial reaction was much the same as yours - I had to google it immediately to find out WTF was going on there.

they still have Rabottini in their rider list:blush:..

Good grief. They need a new PR person.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Okay, I apologize to the team for the mistake (although they remain in the "dangerous zone" because of getting Cunego) ;)

By the way... just checked the nero sottoli website (which is still called "yellowfluoteam"), they still have Rabottini in their rider list:blush:.. then again they even have 2 riders in their rider list where they apparently haven't even been able to find/take a picture of :blink:
...and this is a team that has been invited to the Giro all of the past years....
FWIW, I don't think Cunego has been on the sauce since soon after the Giro win. Funnily enough about the time he became less good.
He even had the bare-faced nerve to complain that the peloton seemed to 2 paced, about the time that Basso sprinted up the mountain to win from dopehead Scarponi, a furlong ahead of the field.

RobNewcastle

Stating the obvious probably but think the problem for Sky this year and to an extent last year in the tour despite winning it was too many riders failing to perform/and or just not being up to it.

Porte has showed when he's bang on he can rip the peloton to pieces on a climb but he's shown he has one or two too many bad days. The likes of Lopez just simply don't do enough of anything and while Sitsou and Kyrienka are work horses they don't provide cover high up on the climbs. Look at someone like Movistar on the big climbs, they always have a number of riders sitting around their leader. Bringing the likes of Konig and Roche into the fold and maybe even Poels provides much better power/support and if Porte can regain some form next season even better. As someone mentioned already too, it forces other riders to up their game because there could potentially be three new starters in the tour team.

Lampre have seemingly approached Sammy Sanchez and offered him a contract - so, essentially, they replace one former doper that didn't do anything once they stopped doping, with another.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lampre have seemingly approached Sammy Sanchez and offered him a contract - so, essentially, they replace one former doper that didn't do anything once they stopped doping, with another.
Has Sammy Sanchez ever been nailed or is the witchfinder general's nose twitching?

Has Sammy Sanchez ever been nailed or is the witchfinder general's nose twitching?
What do you think
6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z.jpg

Top Bottom