Probably been asked a thousand times but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

So tell me, how exactly was I in danger on my journey to work in my car? What happened? What risks did I take? Were you there? Can you honestly say I was driving dangerously or carelessly due to having music on?

sazzaa

So tell me, how exactly was I in danger on my journey to work in my car? What happened? What risks did I take? Were you there? Can you honestly say I was driving dangerously or carelessly due to having music on?

You have admitted driving in contravention of the Highway Code .... demonstrably failing to drive to a required standard, that is sufficient (see above)

Who needs meat!

YOU openly boast about driving in contravention of the Highway Code............ and then vainly try to justify it

That is all anyone needs to know

sazzaa

You do realise that repeating yourself doesn't make it an arrestable offence? And still doesn't make my driving unsafe. But keep spouting the same old crap anyway, it's quite amusing.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The Highway Code is an enabling document.... and your assumption that just because the wording is "should not" allows you to drive in contravention is extremely worrying.
If you choose to do so you are demonstrably failing to drive to a reasonable standard
Which other "should not" rules in the Highway Code do you consider yourself exempt from?

You do of course realise that the Highway code says you "should" wear a helmet, no mention of thudguards though. Are you exempt from that one ? :popcorn:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
You do of course realise that the Highway code says you "should" wear a helmet, no mention of thudguards though. Are you exempt from that one ? :popcorn:

ooohhh :popcorn:

https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

Clothing. You should wear
  • a cycle helmet which conforms to current regulations, is the correct size and securely fastened
  • appropriate clothes for cycling. Avoid clothes which may get tangled in the chain, or in a wheel or may obscure your lights
  • light-coloured or fluorescent clothing which helps other road users to see you in daylight and poor light
  • reflective clothing and/or accessories (belt, arm or ankle bands) in the dark.

The pedestrian one is interesting, there is no should wording, but gives sensible enough advice.

https://www.gov.uk/rules-pedestrians-1-to-35

Help other road users to see you. Wear or carry something light-coloured, bright or fluorescent in poor daylight conditions. When it is dark, use reflective materials (e.g. armbands, sashes, waistcoats, jackets, footwear), which can be seen by drivers using headlights up to three times as far away as non-reflective materials.

Reactions: 4F
You do realise that repeating yourself doesn't make it an arrestable offence? And still doesn't make my driving unsafe. But keep spouting the same old crap anyway, it's quite amusing.

:laugh:

Have you ever thought of joining the ABD or Safespeed?

D

Deleted member 26715

I've stopped using earphones as they are so dangerous

bike-basszilla-2.jpg

Alan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom