Probably been asked a thousand times but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All they need is some flourescent lighting and they could go hang out with the car yoof and their bass destroying systems...

From the US....

Fossil Fool and Soul Cycel come up with some superbly tricked out bikes:

It even has a neon hoop for a "Gogo Dancer" !

Dan B

Disengaged member
1820566650_d40f55c055_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coruskate/1820566650/

some of those systems had/have kW amps, don't think a few 3w bottle dynamos are going to supply all the current required ...

Last edited:

Dan B

Disengaged member
IIRC...The middle one is Beatrix, a project of one of the YACF denizens
Correct. The two either side are the Bassfreight (left), which appears weekly in summer on the Wednesday night LondonSkate, and the Firebrox (right), which used to go out on the Friday skates but these days is in storage in Basingstoke

(Anyone want to buy a Brox Compact and an allegedly 2kW battery-powered PA system? Will split ...)

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Thoughts?

I take my pleasures where I can find them.

The only downside is not hearing your bike creaking when it starts falling apart underneath you.

Seriously. Thought I'd enjoy an unplugged ride the other day and discovered some bike noises that needed investigating. Until I got back home I had to plug back in to keep my attention on the road and not the cacophony between us.

and sheesh anything to blot out the din of the great british public

Also seriously. Music hath charms to keep me from getting riled by unsolicited comments from my often excitable fellow road users.

Last edited:
When I first returned to cycling, I would cycle with my music on, incredibly loud, however a close pass too close (rode the passenger window for a few yards), so I stopped.
Although while I was listening, I frequently checked over my shoulder, it wasn't enough to stop me riding against someones car. So easy solution, headphones out, phone screen off (I use a Tigra mount), and enjoy the road and ride.

lay

I've used hp for longer than a care to remember...i know for a fact that i hate it when you're going for it and a REALLY bad tune comes on radio like witney spears or something :hyper: and you cant turn it off because of losing momento.. though sometimes i take them out as i get tired them.

david k

Hi
If im on my own i wear headphones plugged into my ipod. I usually ride on trails and tracks so no other traffic. I do ride on roads also but tend to keep the volume low and frequently look over my shoulder and have a mirror also, never had an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom