Problematic to the Modern Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
98B3DDA9-018A-4A16-B776-976487F3EFF7.jpeg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Isn't modern society great!

classic33

Leg End Member
Even though this has an engine, I'm counting this as a bicycle as it has pedals^_^Look at it, a bicycle with a machine gun!

Simms’ Quadricycle Motor Scout

View attachment 658492 .

Ps In all seriousness this was quite a clever idea for the time (1899), armoured/mobile warfare concepts were either not known or in their early stages. I quite like the idea if not the execution.
Four wheels, meaning a quadricycle!

Petrichorwheels

Even though this has an engine, I'm counting this as a bicycle as it has pedals^_^ Look at it, a bicycle with a machine gun!

View attachment 658492 .

Ps In all seriousness this was quite a clever idea for the time (1899), armoured/mobile warfare concepts were either not known or in their early stages. I quite like the idea if not the execution.

not exactly battle hardened is it?
unless he's keeping something under that hat.
Shoot any tyre, any tyre and he'd have to skulk off - to something he is more appropriately dresesd for.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Even though this has an engine, I'm counting this as a bicycle as it has pedals^_^ Look at it, a bicycle with a machine gun!

View attachment 658492 .

First muddy field and he’s buggered

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Reminds me of a story told to me by a Dutch woman, in 1945 when the allies were liberating Holland the German troops stole bikes to make their escape back to Germany. Every time she went to Germany on business her grandfather said "Fetch my bike back"

Dutch footie fans when playing Germany still chant "Give us back our bicycles"....

Profpointy

Legendary Member
not exactly battle hardened is it?
unless he's keeping something under that hat.
Shoot any tyre, any tyre and he'd have to skulk off - to something he is more appropriately dresesd for.

Light vehicles mounting a machine gun or similar weapon that's a bit heavy for a couple of blokes still very common. Mostly they're not armoured and are wheeled

43A9F208-55F2-4A94-8E1B-86271E8B737B.jpeg

7A69192D-AF62-4FC3-A9BD-E8762AF0FA47.jpeg

9AB80D11-A434-4419-918E-5B896F5639CA.jpeg

7143CA82-604C-4662-86B5-E6D9810B4885.jpeg

F900BF32-69E5-4060-82BB-B9450C1B919A.jpeg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ah dear departed Rosmary Nuffield. Gone but not forgotten. She died, you know.

(Or a cynic would say that her creator got bored with her and declared her dead)

Top Bottom