Problems with Cycling Equipment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Hoyle

I am currently working on a university project, of which the aim is to improve every day cycling/commuting through developing or re-designing a product such as glasses, seat etc.
I would love to hear your opinions/thoughts on any problems or ideas you may wish to voice.
I will need you to state that I may use the information given in my project. Thank you for your cooperation.
Chris Hoyle, University of Huddersfield.

My website is http://chrishoyle.wix.com/design

simon.r

Person
If you could come up with an effective but small and light-weight lock that'd be nice.

TIA.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
How about a small but loud motion-activated alarm? When you lock the bike up and head for the office, you could turn it on, so that anyone trying to steal the bike gets a nasty surprise when they find out they won't be as stealthy as they'd hoped. The alarm would need to be small and easily concealed somewhere on the bike, and with a timeout long enough for its owner to disable it when returning to the bike. In other words, the same principles as a house alarm, but for a bike :smile:.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Is rain/snow a big problem in cycling, whilst wearing glasses?

Yes, falling snow is particularly bad because it sticks but rain is pretty annoying too- visibility through glasses with raindrops on can be severely impaired, especially at night.

A cycling cap, or other peaked cap, is a pretty cheap solution. Doesn't work for fog though.

my glasses need windscreen wipers... In mist/fog or that horrible drizzle I periodically have to wipe my glasses clear. My ski gloves (used for cycling) actually have a 'wiper*' built into them, none of my cycling gloves do.

* small strip of silicon (?) built into the glove that is similar in appearance to a windscreen wiper but of clear 'plastic' and only on one hand. Only thing I could come up with for it was to clear ski googles of snow - works well with water

Here we go again.....

Reactions: gaz

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my glasses need windscreen wipers... In mist/fog or that horrible drizzle I periodically have to wipe my glasses clear. My ski gloves (used for cycling) actually have a 'wiper*' built into them, none of my cycling gloves do.

* small strip of silicon (?) built into the glove that is similar in appearance to a windscreen wiper but of clear 'plastic' and only on one hand. Only thing I could come up with for it was to clear ski googles of snow - works well with water
$%28KGrHqJ,%21i%21FCuqFeybcBQr1IBbb2g%7E%7E60_35.JPG

OP
OP
C

Chris Hoyle

All this information is great! This is my last question.. do bike seats cause any discomfort whilst riding?
Thanks for all your help :smile:

I used to participate enthusiastically in threads like this, but, of all the student designers who have visited this forum on the scrounge for free information I do not recall a single one who came back after and showed us the fruits of their labour.

OP
OP
C

Chris Hoyle

Thank you all for your help, I will post all of my design work for you to see after it is finished. I can not post my final concept as this is a live project but it may be on my website once finished. Thanks again.

Not sure if its possible but a lock out nut for the front/back wheel that would mean the bike couldn't be pushed for a quick nip into the shop

Top Bottom