Problems with my cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kasio

Hello, firstly I'd like to notify to any moderator reading this that I had no idea what sub I should have posted this question (possibly technical section?) I wasn't sure, sorry in advance if you have to move my thread.

To the point, I was out cycling today and on my return journey something went wrong.. well I think it did, it must have.. because when I done a full rotation of the pedal, each time in the same position I would hear a 'clip' or you know, I can't describe the noise with text, a little.. 'clang' - not too loud (although annoying). I stopped and investigated, but to find nothing wrong..but I am a novice so I didn't know what I was even looking for! strangely, when I moved up to higher gears and continued to do a full rotation of my pedals i would hear multiple clicks.. 'click,click,click,click' then it would stop for 3/4 of the rotation and as the rotation came to its final 1/4 'click,click,click,click' - I have NO idea what that was.. but it then stopped (as I dropped into a lower gear). my bike could be considered new, 2 weeks.

Does anybody here have any idea what is happening and how I could fix it? From where I purchased my bike they said I could bring it back to them within 4-6 weeks for them to check the chain etc for free.. so I will let them know of the problem also.

Also whilst I'm on the topic sometimes when I accelerate quickly sometimes the back wheel/brake area would squeak? I'm using v-brakes if that helps.

Thank you for reading my long post (if you did) and any replies are welcome!

TL;DR Problem with pedal/gear area clicking when I cycle and squeaky back wheel/brake area when I accelerate quickly... Help! :smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Maybe your gears arent correctly set up, I believe the cables stretch after the first few weeks of use and it needs recalibrating. :smile:

I guess the issue with the brakes could be more to do with using the brakes prior to the accelerating such as at a junction, maybe a pad is staying part on, arms not balanced or something?

The clevererer people will be along soon anyway im sure ;)

snorri

Legendary Member
Go back to the shop, don't attempt any repair yourself.
That's the advantage of buying from a shop rather than buying on line, you get after sales service!
It's not unusual for a new bike, or indeed any mechanical device, to require a little tweaking after it has been used in anger for a time rather than just checked on the bench.:smile:

Top Bottom