Project X , emma's folding e-trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170731_12_26_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20170731_13_04_33_Pro.jpg
A couple more hours produced the rear caliper mount and a test fit using an e-wheel the disc caliper will fit , currently trying to source another q100 motor.

Later's Emma

Andrew1971

Veteran
How many have you built now Emma i have lost count :okay: Keep up the good work.
Andrew

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
How many have you built now Emma i have lost count :okay: Keep up the good work.
Andrew

Hi Andrew ,
I don't know any more, guessing it's more than a dozen tadpoles , a hammerhead , and the delta .
Wasn't going to make any more then I changed the car and the trike didn't fit , hence the e-folding tadpole.
This is /might be one of the last , apart from the 20" delta rear end that is sitting here for a single seater quad. I prefer riding to building but I was told to keep busy by my doctor .

later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
The bracket needs to be adjustable as the Spare motor I intend to fit to test the trike has a narrow body and the normal motor has a wider body , the rotor mount will need to go on the inside of the forks for the test motor . Brakes arrived today , chains yesterday. I hope to get the brake mounts on next , when weather permits.
Currently it's raining again down here and that holds up both triking and building .
Then I will make up an order for the nuts and Allen bolts.

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170730_10_45_59_Pro.jpg
We hope to go out at the weekend, lots of thing to catch up with . With a wet summer everything is growing fast than I can keep up with pruning it back . Like this hibiscus.The garden was cleaned 3 weeks ago. The weeds are back.
On a brighter note the chains are joined and draped over the sprockets , Monday I hope to weld on the chain return and join up the chain . Hopefully then comes the easy part of assembling and test riding before it's strip down and paint and upholster the seat. Waiting on thumb throttle, should be here next week.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Not much done on the trike over tye weekend but a couple of little things that were a necessary . The rear pulley bolt and the LCD mount. Ready to weld on together with the chain return.
WP_20170806_19_43_39_Pro.jpg

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170807_12_35_35_Pro.jpg
hi folks

With a dull start today , I was amazed when the big fireball in the sky started to burn through the clouds , inspired by the warmth and with a new box of in date enthusiasm l have finished welding on the chain return and the LCD panel mount .
Some of the welds need to be touched up a bit but at 12:00 l ran out of gas .

Next step is order the stainless steel nuts and bolts to complete , as for the colour , you will have to wait and see..
WP_20170807_12_33_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20170807_12_33_31_Pro.jpg

with the chain fitted and in the time honoured way I tested rode the trike less brakes and gears to check it out.

Later's Emma

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
it's a 500w 36v 300rpm brushless , just happened to be in my spares box , I was / still waiting to source a q100 327 rpm 36v with disc brake if one turns up.
It will keep the sub frame from rubbing on the ground and wearing out the idler wheels on the rear mech.

later's Emma

billym0404

not quite sure what all mine are, to many got some 500s and some 250s also a 250 mid drive. they all have fitments for discs

Top Bottom