Project X , emma's folding e-trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

As I had run out of gas again:wahhey: . I purchased a big rent free 5% argon mix gas bottle yesterday with the gauges and conversion gas hose .^_^ .

Ouch that really hurt :evil: but the guys at the local welding store were very helpful and made up the new hose while I waited and even carried the bottle out to the car for me .

Stainless steel allen bolts and nuts ordered late last night , and a couple of noodles to redirect the cable from the disc calipers . The next stage is to strip and clean up the frame before painting it ******* ****** *** with a cream seat I think ( or something very similar ) .

Today a few more little spacers and thinned Nyloc nuts made for the USS mount :rolleyes: and I have reshaped the USS track control arm to get a little bigger gap:highfive: .

Currently trying to source an " electronics box " to fit the controller in to stop the weather from destroying it .:wub::wub:

Next indoor project will be to cut the decals . If it carries on raining that will be sooner rather than later .:rain:. At this rate it should be finished before the hour goes back and jadis start to flash her frozen fingers again in the UK .

Now I need a cup of tea :cheers:

Later's emma

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress - I've just got back from a pretty ^@&**y drive from work, especially with all this rain on the roads, making it s...l...o...w going, and that's made for a good read with a cuppa.:cuppa: Beer later !

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Yesterday I stripped the trike down to spray it ,:laugh:

I love the sound of rattle cans rattling in the summer time :sun: ,:angel:

I cut the fork tubes to length before I sprayed the front wheel assemblies and started to spray the little things :bravo: Chain guide and caliper mount , Hoped to have upholstered the seat during the afternoon but found I have not enough foam , measured and found I have just enough vinyl , so last thing yesterday I have ordered the foam . Hopefully I can continue next week , Not much can happen at the start of the week and hope to get a few hours with a rotary wire brush in nearer the end of the week . I have a couple of bits of remedial work on the main frame before it goes into primer .
Still looking for another e-hub for the rear .:wahhey:.

Later's

emma

fixedfixer

Veteran
Sprayed some forks with Lidl rattle cans and got great results. Some folks hate them (spray cans) but but I'm a convert. Looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Some folks hate them (spray cans) but but I'm a convert. .

Although we have a 8cfm compressor and spray gun its a bit of a faf cleaning it up for such a small job , We got a job lot of Car plan spray paints at a sensible price when our local car accessory shop stopped selling them .( mainly reds and a couple of yellows that were used on the last trike build . )

Later's emma

fixedfixer

Veteran
Lidl rattle can. (didn't spray indoors - just baked by wood burner for a couple of days :rolleyes:)

fork.jpg

Andrew1971

Veteran
The trike will some be on the road at this rate of construction. Keep up the good work.
Andrew

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
All being well in the next couple of weeks, but workshop time will be minimal as I hope to get a few nights away. It will still need an upgrade after to upgrade the motor/controller .

I will check the hardness of the painted frame tomorrow. Weather does not look good down here.

I believe I have most things to complete it .

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

Time passes so quickly when you are having fun . The paint seemed rather hard when I tested it today so I spent a few hours starting to reassemble it .
Wheels , steering and seat refitted along with cranks chain and gear mechanisms . Handlebars and bar furniture fitted , cables and electrics hopefully after next week delivery of time appears .

Have a good weekend

Later's Emma
WP_20170818_13_56_31_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Ha. Red nice. And I like your graphics. Might have some 'made in Scotland' stickers made up :popcorn:. Grin:evil:

I tried to get Italian Racing Red again but this one came along instead , thought it was appropriate as its almost Jaguar Carman Red from the era of the MKII Jaguars .

Do you want" Handbuilt in Bonny SCOTLAND " ?

:notworthy::dance: Looking good.

Thanks , My weeks supply of time seemed to run out very quickly this week and I can't see me getting more than a few hours next week as I hope to get a long weekend with some triking in as well . Never mind always another week to do a bit more .

Later's emma

Top Bottom