Project X , emma's folding e-trike

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by voyager, 16 May 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

Hi Folks

As I had run out of gas again:wahhey: . I purchased a big rent free 5% argon mix gas bottle yesterday with the gauges and conversion gas hose .^_^ .

Ouch that really hurt :evil: but the guys at the local welding store were very helpful and made up the new hose while I waited and even carried the bottle out to the car for me .

Stainless steel allen bolts and nuts ordered late last night , and a couple of noodles to redirect the cable from the disc calipers . The next stage is to strip and clean up the frame before painting it ******* ****** *** with a cream seat I think ( or something very similar ) .

Today a few more little spacers and thinned Nyloc nuts made for the USS mount :rolleyes: and I have reshaped the USS track control arm to get a little bigger gap:highfive: .

Currently trying to source an " electronics box " to fit the controller in to stop the weather from destroying it .:wub::wub:

Next indoor project will be to cut the decals . If it carries on raining that will be sooner rather than later .:rain:. At this rate it should be finished before the hour goes back and jadis start to flash her frozen fingers again in the UK .

Now I need a cup of tea :cheers:

Later's emma

FishFright likes this.
  2. Bad Machine

Bad Machine In the garage .....

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress - I've just got back from a pretty ^@&**y drive from work, especially with all this rain on the roads, making it s...l...o...w going, and that's made for a good read with a cuppa.:cuppa: Beer later !

3. OP
    OP
    voyager

Yesterday I stripped the trike down to spray it ,:laugh:

I love the sound of rattle cans rattling in the summer time :sun: ,:angel:

I cut the fork tubes to length before I sprayed the front wheel assemblies and started to spray the little things :bravo: Chain guide and caliper mount , Hoped to have upholstered the seat during the afternoon but found I have not enough foam , measured and found I have just enough vinyl , so last thing yesterday I have ordered the foam . Hopefully I can continue next week , Not much can happen at the start of the week and hope to get a few hours with a rotary wire brush in nearer the end of the week . I have a couple of bits of remedial work on the main frame before it goes into primer .
    Still looking for another e-hub for the rear .:wahhey:.

Later's

emma

4. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Über Member

Sprayed some forks with Lidl rattle cans and got great results. Some folks hate them (spray cans) but but I'm a convert. Looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

5. OP
    OP
    voyager

Although we have a 8cfm compressor and spray gun its a bit of a faf cleaning it up for such a small job , We got a job lot of Car plan spray paints at a sensible price when our local car accessory shop stopped selling them .( mainly reds and a couple of yellows that were used on the last trike build . )

Later's emma

6. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Über Member

Lidl rattle can. (didn't spray indoors - just baked by wood burner for a couple of days :rolleyes:)

fork.jpg

Andrew1971 and Drago like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    voyager

paint work complete and hardening .
    decals cut and fitted , awaiting foam for seat , here is a taster photo in primer.

Later's Emma WP_20170815_14_58_18_Pro.jpg

Milkfloat likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    voyager

WP_20170817_12_58_42_Pro.jpg WP_20170816_09_07_22_Pro.jpg Paint is still hardening
    The removable seat assembly is finished and the bottle battery mounted to the back . 10 tee nuts fitted into the ply hold the seat pieces in place and the bottle batteries have mounts on both side.

regards Emma

raleighnut likes this.
  9. Andrew1971

Andrew1971 Senior Member

The trike will some be on the road at this rate of construction. Keep up the good work.
    Andrew

10. OP
    OP
    voyager

All being well in the next couple of weeks, but workshop time will be minimal as I hope to get a few nights away. It will still need an upgrade after to upgrade the motor/controller .

I will check the hardness of the painted frame tomorrow. Weather does not look good down here.

I believe I have most things to complete it .

regards emma

11. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Über Member

Ha. Red nice. And I like your graphics. Might have some 'made in Scotland' stickers made up :popcorn:. Grin:evil:

12. OP
    OP
    voyager

Hi Folks

Time passes so quickly when you are having fun . The paint seemed rather hard when I tested it today so I spent a few hours starting to reassemble it .
    Wheels , steering and seat refitted along with cranks chain and gear mechanisms . Handlebars and bar furniture fitted , cables and electrics hopefully after next week delivery of time appears .

Have a good weekend

Later's Emma
    WP_20170818_13_56_31_Pro.jpg

fixedfixer likes this.
  13. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Über Member

:notworthy::dance: Looking good.

14. OP
    OP
    voyager

I tried to get Italian Racing Red again but this one came along instead , thought it was appropriate as its almost Jaguar Carman Red from the era of the MKII Jaguars .

Do you want" Handbuilt in Bonny SCOTLAND " ?

Thanks , My weeks supply of time seemed to run out very quickly this week and I can't see me getting more than a few hours next week as I hope to get a long weekend with some triking in as well . Never mind always another week to do a bit more .

Later's emma

15. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Über Member

Kind offer. I'll let you know when I get to the finishing stage - which will be a while as I'm not getting too much workshop time. :angry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice