Project X , emma's folding e-trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170821_13_47_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20170821_13_46_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20170821_13_46_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20170821_13_45_57_Pro.jpg
Hi Folks

It's been a bit of a day ( to say the least ) , rush back to Peacehaven early this morning to collect a pedelec rotor only to find the sensor wasn't working and the bottle battery wouldn't hold in due to a broken clip , second trip this afternoon to collect the other bits , found enough time to finish it off, test shake down rides start tomorrow.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have been admiring your skills throughout this thread.:notworthy: A beautiful looking recumbent. I hope she rides as well as she looks.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
I rode it around the bus stop tonight a couple of times, it rides well but I noticed a couple of niggles to be sorted before it gets a few miles under it's wheels.

Thanks for the compliment. This will be the last trike build for a little while, I needs some fitness miles in my legs.

regards Emma

fixedfixer

Veteran
Well done. Each build you do looks more and more professional - you'd never know that was a home built trike - credit to you.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170919_12_44_58_Pro.jpg
Hi folks

Since my holiday I have been making the hamster bag rack , it attaches to the removable seat and holds the bags in position either side of the seat , an anti chain guide stops the right hand bag becoming the victim of a revolving chain and the left hand bag is guided into position by the battery . Probably the hardest part was bending the 19mm tube to suspension the bags.

A few coats of primer , red paint and clear lacquer should protect it for a few years. Unable to source a new pair of bags I found a good second hand pair on eBay , it appears the company is no longer trading . Toysrus have a smaller style of bags but they are special order home delivery only

Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks

The mirror mount were made today from a cut down stem with a 6mm studding connector welded on top , Mobility scooter mirrors £6 a pair with built in front reflectors were an ideal choice to screw into the m6 elongated nut . couple of coats of primer amd then matt black to protect , unfortunately neither have anti rust properties as they are both porous.

Still it's made now and I need to wait for my next allocation of time to be delivered so I can continue,
Only need to source another rear e-wheel and suitable large battery and its ready for work.

Later's Emma
WP_20170921_11_21_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20170921_11_21_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20170921_11_27_49_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170926_11_31_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20170926_10_35_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20170926_10_32_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20170926_10_26_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20170926_10_26_35_Pro.jpg
Hi folks

it fits , as l breathe a breath of fresh air and the huge sigh of relief passes me by.
With a couple of hours of time arriving this morning I decided to fit the trike in the boot on my own .
here are most of the printable photos
The soundtrack that would have accompanied it would be censored a few times as I lifted it into the boot.

The photos are in reverse order due the the uploader putting the photos in the wrong sequence, can't blame me for that one.

Still it fits and only needs a 6mm Allen key and a 10mm and 13mm combination spanner to assemble.

Currently looking for a replacement e-motor to replace this heavy beast installed .

regards Emma

Attachments

• WP_20170926_10_25_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170926_10_25_18_Pro.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 65
  • WP_20170926_10_20_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170926_10_20_43_Pro.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

A chance visit to the tip yesterday make my day worthwhile, laying in the recycle area were a couple of 20" kids mountain bikes , £3 passed hands as I became their new owner .
Then after a blind date with a grindette l had two rear suspension triangles with 6 speed freewheels and a pair of head tube assemblies , with one of the bikes instantly donating it's stem to make the second mirror mount. I also grabbed one of its front tubes as a spare .It will also donate it's vee brakes to another bike project in the pipeline.

Today I bit the bullet and ordered a new q100 328 rpm motor direct from China . The overhead of ordering direct is the 3 week wait , the £50 carriage and duty .
Then I can build the rear wheel , replace its front tyres and finish it off completely.

later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks
An odd hour or so this morning allowed me to fit the new front tyres , the bottle cage and make a reflector mount on the rear of the seat.
Received an E-mail this morning , looks like the new motor and controller is on it's way .

regards Emma

Top Bottom