"Proper cyclists"; give it a rest!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like I qualify as a "proper cyclist" in one respect then. I took out BC membership for the insurance cover that it gives. You never know when you're going to fly across someone's bonnet, and the metal studs on my jeans might scrape their paintwork ^_^. I wonder how much Bradley was paid to slip that wee statement in.
The zip'll do a fair bit of damage to the paint. £600+ 11 years ago. Don't think the car was worth that much.

I'm sorry to go off topic, but I've recently started to put ( trekking / MTB ) SPD pedals on all my bikes ( except the short stint bike ), and using multi release SPD cleats, because my ankles are suffering a bit on big rides, with SPD SL equipped bikes. The multi release cleats are brilliant. You can step out of the ( dominant ) pedal ( with a bit of practice ) with no twist, and you can get the other foot out with a ( more natural ) inside twist. Unclipping only a few times on SPD SLs, is fine. When you're having to do it 60 ( and the rest ) odd times, my ankles don't like it. It looks a bit odd, but all I care about is reducing the hammering my ankles are taking on a long ride.

SPD's Hmmmm,no "proper cyclist" would wear those :dry:

classic33

Leg End Member
SPD's Hmmmm,no "proper cyclist" would wear those :dry:
On one of these?
Brox.JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

:eek:

Top Bottom