"Proper cyclists"; give it a rest!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian Stacks

I am not ashamed to admit I wear the spandex lycra stuff but I'm not ashamed as it is practical. And believe me it's not a pretty sight but I don't care what anyone else thinks.

MOD EDITED - not the appropriate place

Last edited by a moderator:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've just bought a Koga full carbon Road bike with Ultegra Di2.

I'm not a real cyclist. I don't race. I wear trainers or boots. I often wear a Lycra top with MTB shorts.

I hope I really pixx off the "real" cyclists when they see the shopping bag on my bike.^_^

claudbutler

I've just bought a Koga full carbon Road bike with Ultegra Di2.

I'm not a real cyclist. I don't race. I wear trainers or boots. I often wear a Lycra top with MTB shorts.

I hope I really pixx off the "real" cyclists when they see the shopping bag on my bike.^_^
I do find MTB shorts more forgiving on my portly figure,whether on my commute or out on my road bike at weekends.

subaqua

What’s the point
These are your friend......
51K8zNsnoJL._SX425_.jpg
Rich git . Nowt wrong with "insulation " tape wrapped round. And i like being an improper cyclist

Tin Pot

Guru
Your bike.
Wear what you like when riding it.
Nothing else matters.

Anyone who judges you has issues of their own to address.

Lycra, fine. Jeans, fine.

Lycra with shorts over the top... :ohmy:

Tin Pot

Guru
Sad Clowns ?

Better! :smile:

I think for golfers it was originally a way out of wearing drab suits all week. The same can't be said for most cyclists.

I am a fan of the tweed jacket, a classic garment that can multitask on a Friday at the office, on the golf course and even on the ski slopes. I have yet to attempt the dapper cyclist though...

Better! :smile:

I think for golfers it was originally a way out of wearing drab suits all week. The same can't be said for most cyclists.

I am a fan of the tweed jacket, a classic garment that can multitask on a Friday at the office, on the golf course and even on the ski slopes. I have yet to attempt the dapper cyclist though...
:laugh::laugh:
The Tweed jacket really is the go to jacket for all occasions.Golf,Cycling,Horse Riding,everything.
But it does draw strange looks in the swimming pool.I can't pull that off ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh my @Brandane you're mightly peed off!
I read all 7 pages I'm still not the wiser of what was actually said to you :wacko:
Serves you right in a way: you keep dodging our motley CC Ecosse rides, go riding with the pros instead, this is what you get :tongue: ^_^

Your lucky it's only your jeans that are affected, no trousers are free of risk, even when wearing my kilt the socks pick up some chain oil occasionally:sad:.
I so would love a picture of you riding in a kilt, cool! :okay:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oh my @Brandane you're mightly peed off!
Not at all, Pat. It'll take more than some stupid comments from a few nobbers to pee me off. My previous work has left me with very thick skin! I am merely trying to point out that I would rather not spend my time with such people, and that they might be indirectly putting less thick-skinned people off cycling.
In my case, far from encouraging me to become a Rapha poster boy (as if :laugh:), they actually make me even more determined to shun the fashionistas and be my own person.

Top Bottom