Protect the NHS, part 2. Reduce avoidable hospital admissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
One of the main issues is whether increased number of CV19 inpatients means the Nightingale Hospitals have to be used; they will be staffed by NHS staff redeployed from the existing hospitals with consequential reductions at those.

classic33

Leg End Member
But what is really due to c19 overload and what are the "usual" postcode lottery? Hard to tell.
When you get five similarly worded letters, from three seperate trusts and five hospitals*, what would you say was the reason. "Postcode Lottery"!

*Different problems/issues being treated at each.

Drago

Legendary Member
75 people each day require hospital treament for serious injuries acquired in road traffic collisions, and hundreds for less serious injuries. 5 or 6 a day die from the same cause, and many of them will have been treated by the NHS before popping their clogs.

Therefore, if we're serious about helping the NHS we will stop driving our cars unnecessarily and, lets be honest, most car journeys are for convenience rather than necessity.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Is there another kind he can do?

He can walk away and let them go whistle for our fish and the right to interfere in our laws. The Canadians haven't given the EU free access to their fishing waters, or agreed to follow EU rules, so why should we accept those demands?. The EU are taking the piss.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
He can walk away and let them go whistle for our fish and the right to interfere in our laws. The Canadians haven't given the EU free access to their fishing waters, or agreed to follow EU rules, so why should we accept those demands?. The EU are taking the piss.

1604678066688.png

Get over-it....
:rofl:

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I was walking with my wife today, decent eight mile hike. I was put in mind of this thread.

Throughout the Covid-19 crisis we have, when the rules allowed, walked with many friends. We have all adopted the technique of crossing styles without touching the style with our hands. It's surprisingly tricky and requires good balance.

Made me wonder if people should stop country walks to protect the NHS?

Drago

Legendary Member
Have I fallen into a wormhole in the space time continuum? One moment were talking about sensible meadures to avoid requiring a hospital visit, next people are bickering about Brexit. What on earth is going on?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The usual point raised is the UK opted to sell fishing rights to overseas interests. I imagine the terms of those sales would need to be scrutinised to identify exactly who is taking the p....roverbial.
I don't know what the answer is, but I'd rather see the facts before assuming which side is being unreasonable. Possibly both sides....

Have I fallen into a wormhole in the space time continuum? One moment were talking about sensible meadures to avoid requiring a hospital visit, next people are bickering about Brexit. What on earth is going on?
there are special prizes awarded by a hidden cchat cabal for gratuitous brexit comments.
Some hope that the prize line-up might include sexual favours but i believe a cuddly toy is all most get.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I think there's more to life than protecting the NHS. I feel sorry for people who will struggle to feed themselves and pay their mortgages/rent or may have lost their jobs due to all this. The NHS is overwhelmed every year with the winter beds crisis and we dont have all this.
Boris knew there wasnt enough staff for those Nightingale hospitals to function so why build them? the one in Glasgow has never seen a patient and cost nearly 50 million. The whole thing from start to where we are now has be an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom