Protein shakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
: )
I too am a coffee abuser. Instead of chocolate milk I mix cocoa powder with oats and pour some milk on that. Far cheaper than bought things (you can get cocoa powder from Aldi for not a lot) , very high cocoa content, no added sugar or other nonsense. I have discovered that it is a laxative though so won't be using this discovery when cycle touring.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I have read that some audaxers favour chocolate milk as a recovery drink, on the basis that it slips down easily, has protein and other goodies and is easily available at a corner shop.

I've never tried it myself. My post ride drink is generally coffee. It's also my pre ride drink. And often I stop for a coffee too ;)

I like a Brew Dog

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Since October 2017 to date I have lost 7 stone 6lbs ,knocking the protein shakes of will not help me loose more weight ,
the intake of protein recommended for male is 0.8gram per kilo of body weight a day ,that's your lean body weight not your overweight body weight ,

I regular eat over the guide lines for protein , muscle groth whilst loosing weight and eating at a decifit is very very slow the reason the wife notice's a differance is the riding and weights that I do are toning the muscles ,
I will not start to build muscle till I eat in excess of my maintenance calories once I reach my goal weight

My weight loss has been threw using the My Fitness Pal app and logging now for 200 days
Likely do more harm than good. Biggest problem with losing weight (as in fat) is losing muscle mass too, not ideal!

Top Bottom