provisional 2013 FNRttC Calendar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
FWIW I'd totally be up for an unofficial Manchester ride as well. Especially if it had unofficial weather.

Bringing my other half on a genteel ride to Saarfend might be a reasonable cycling objective for next year. We'll see.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Burnham is easier than Southend i think.

wanda2010

Guru
Burnham is easier you say? Does that mean there isn't even a close cousin to Bread and Cheese Hill that dun me in? :wacko: I might, possibly, use the SS if that's the case.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Burnham is easier than the 'new' Southend route, but a little more arduous than the 'old' Southend route. You've got a nasty little climb at Harold Wood, the long drag up to Brentwood, a couple of sharp inclines going in to Stock and a bit of moraine around Purleigh. But.......single speed. No way. You'd miss out on those long drifting descents toward Buttsbury and West Hanningfield.

Oh goody. Provisional dates for 2013. Hope to do more night rides so joining one or two of these would be great. Sad the Manchester - Morecambe ain't happening again. Any 'unoffical' ones in the pipeline?

[Edit] Unoffical Manchester rides that is.

Any 'unoffical' ones in the pipeline?

I've been too busy with other stuff this year, but there's a good chance next year I'll get round to running another one out to Dunwich, which has the advantage of leaving at midnight, so that you arrive on the beach in time for a late breakfast/early lunch, and can then get an easy Saturday afternoon train back.

...there's a good chance next year I'll get round to running another one out to Dunwich, which has the advantage of leaving at midnight, so that you arrive on the beach in time for a late breakfast/early lunch, and can then get an easy Saturday afternoon train back.
Manchester to Dunwich? Isn't that Suffolk? 250 odd miles! A bit fast for me. Good luck though. ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ahh, I see. From London you plan. Is this the famous 'Dunwich Dynamo' of which i've heard?

I was actually wondering about an unoffical Manchester - Morecambe ride. London to Dunwich though. Maybe combined with a family trip to London. Has appeal. Any dates in mind?
When I cycle to Nelson next year I am toying with the idea of cycling back too in which case you're welcome to join me on a Manchester to London ride

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've been too busy with other stuff this year, but there's a good chance next year I'll get round to running another one out to Dunwich, which has the advantage of leaving at midnight, so that you arrive on the beach in time for a late breakfast/early lunch, and can then get an easy Saturday afternoon train back.
Hurrah!

Top Bottom