psoriasis no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
The pharmacy told me the face one isn't currently available anywhere due to manufacturing problems. I think it was eumovate ...
Yes, I was trying to get eumovate and then another topical steroid (for excema) and was told there had been a fire at the factory! Like you, I had to go back to the doctor for a new prescription.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thought I'd update after my doctor's visit on Friday.

He prescribed 2 different ointments. One for around the face and one for everywhere else. The pharmacy told me the face one isn't currently available anywhere due to manufacturing problems. I think it was eumovate but they just crossed it off the prescription and told me to go back to doc for something else. Luckily other than very slight flakey skin on my eyelids (which looks like they are just dry) and flaky patches beind both ears, I don't have it on my face at the moment so I'm not too gutted.

The other ointment is Dovonex and seems to be working nicely on the worst patches which are on my elbows, knees and lower legs. It has stopped the flaky/scaly/loose skin and I have smooth skin there now which is lovely. It's a bit discoloured (a reddy pink colour) but I'll take that over leaving flakes everywhere.

He seems to be a long way from referring me to anyone. I have to try this ointment for 3 weeks and then go back if it hasn't worked in which case he will try something else.

cheers,

malty
I'm sure I had Eumovate earlier in the year when they first thought it was eczema (if not I've had it in the past I'm sure), and I'm on something like the other one, but I thought it was Devonex (could be wrong as the pharmacy label is over the name, but I go in and say the one that starts a bit like Devon but they seem to call it something else like Cal.... something when they put the order in. I've had about 2 weeks off from putting it on that have been bliss, and I've been ignoring mild itching just for the joy of not putting it on, but I did succumb and put some on this morning.

Though I have been using the E45 during the 2 weeks!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Does everyone have to go into the surgery each time they want a new prescription? I don't actually see anyone other than the receptionist who gets the doc to sign it off.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Apparently the doctor has to review it every time, since it is new (got the first lot of the Devonex back in April and had a number of repeat prescriptions since), but no one ever sees me. Either call me in to be checked by the doc or give me the ability to get a repeat prescription. Sorry that's my personal rant!

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I'm wondering if this is what I have. I had a sort of diagnosis and I do keep meaning to go back to the doctors as I really wasn't happy with the outcome. I don't think I have the condition that the OP and others have happily seen the back of. My rash is exclusively confined to my face and feels like minor sunburn. I get redness and soreness and then the whole area flakes off. It calms down for a while and then flares up again seemingly at random.
Thankfully it isn't my whole face, (hideous enough already thanks) but no treatment seems to work apart from the one I know I'm not supposed to use. The treatment the doctor suggested actually made it a lot worse (E45) so I am going to request seeing a dermatologist. Trouble is I just don't get enough time to get to the doctors these days.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think 10% of the population have it, so it's fairly common (that figure is from my memory so may be completely wrong!).

Having it twice now, it's been different both times, different locations and appearances. But you could try seeing if the doctor thinks the symptoms match.

maltloaf

I have the dovonex on a repeat so I can just request it then go and fetch it the next day. Each prescription is for 120g which is 4x30g tubes and they seem to be lasting quite well.

Elbows in particular seem to be getting better each day so I'm hopeful but I've had short term improvements using other things that ended up false dawns so I'm not getting over excited yet.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have the dovonex on a repeat so I can just request it then go and fetch it the next day. Each prescription is for 120g which is 4x30g tubes and they seem to be lasting quite well.

Elbows in particular seem to be getting better each day so I'm hopeful but I've had short term improvements using other things that ended up false dawns so I'm not getting over excited yet.
They only give me two of the tubes each time!:sad: I'm getting close to thinking that it might be worth paying the £100 or what ever it is.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nightmare that its returned RR. Have you tried vitamin D. You need a 5000 international loading dose, get them off amazon. Healthy origins is a make we have.

Also B12 supplements, we buy Jarrows. I use 1000 IU dose and sometimes take the 5000. I've forgotten to take them and I'm having more pain this week, hmmmm

Top Bottom