public use toilets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
how many times do we all have to visit public toilets only to be greated by you know what !

well i am just saying a big well done to the staff of North Somerset Museum in Weston Super Mud as the gents toilet (didnt try ladies) was superb almost home from home .

where as the toilets at Michelwood services on the south bound M5 was almost a health hazard

Lots of public facilities around here have been closed down, and even demolished in several cases.

All because perverts, druggies and pi$$heads can't seem to keep their proclivities to themselves, so subsequently everybody else has to suffer :cursing:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've often thought that local authorities waste millions of pounds every year on providing and maintaining public toilets. Why not instead pay pubs and food outlets something like £1000 a year to have their facilities designated as for general public use? There'd be far more of them, it would keep the vandals and undesirables away, the businesses would make a profit with possible extra custom on top and the councils would save a fortune.

Melvil

I've been to the toilets in Barcelona coach station and frankly after that experience every other public loo has been like a palace.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I've often thought that local authorities waste millions of pounds every year on providing and maintaining public toilets. Why not instead pay pubs and food outlets something like £1000 a year to have their facilities designated as for general public use? There'd be far more of them, it would keep the vandals and undesirables away, the businesses would make a profit with possible extra custom on top and the councils would save a fortune.

That would probably work fine if the world hadn't changed and a lot of duties and emphasis on public toilets for disabled people. Some public toilets incorporate the best designs in this aspect and it would be fairly impractical to replicate this in a lot of pubs. It's hard enough as it is with the few private best practice disabled toilets and those public ones - it often leads to queues and arguments without closing quite a few of them down.

Arch

Married to Night Train

I think this has been done, in a couple of areas, I heard something on Radio 4 about it. Good idea, if you can get it up and running, publicise it well etc.

gavintc

Guru
When I lived in HK in the early 80's, we had an area in our flat for a live in maid, essentially an en-suite room at the back of the kitchen. The en-suite facility was a multi-functional shower cubicle - toilet, shower and a little hand basin all in the area of a normal shower - the early version of a wet room.

Top Bottom