pull up ... PULL UP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Left T5 Business parking tonight to join the traffic queue for the M25, spotted a large plane big and low, wound down the windows (I like the sound) and suddenly thought ... 'you don't see them approach from that angle very often' ... I then realised he wasn't going to make the runway and if lucky would have been lucky to land inside the perimeter fence. Maybe 100 ft above the ground, the pilot realised too and got on the gas! BA 747 (I think).
Scary stuff.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Going under the Heathrow flight-path on the M25 is the ONLY good thing about visiting my outlaws.I've just bought a new car with a panoramic roof and it's great for a bit of final-approachery.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Left T5 Business parking tonight to join the traffic queue for the M25, spotted a large plane big and low, wound down the windows (I like the sound) and suddenly thought ... 'you don't see them approach from that angle very often' ... I then realised he wasn't going to make the runway and if lucky would have been lucky to land inside the perimeter fence. Maybe 100 ft above the ground, the pilot realised too and got on the gas! BA 747 (I think).
Scary stuff.
I hope they wound the windows back up again before it got too high, it would play havoc with the pressurisation! :whistle:
What time was that FF, it should show up on the replay function of flightradar24.com..

classic33

Leg End Member
I hope they wound the windows back up again before it got too high, it would play havoc with the pressurisation! :whistle:
What time was that FF, it should show up on the replay function of flightradar24.com..
Got this there
Rumors say that worlds largest aircraft, Antonov An-225, will be flying from Gostomel (Kiev) to Leipzig tomorrow. ETA is 11:00 UTC / 12:00 CET.

stephec

Legendary Member
I had something similar about a month ago.

Coming into Manchester from Belfast the plane pulled out on final approach and the captain announced he'd been ordered to.

A few minutes later he gave the reason that some broken glass and plastic had been found on the runway, and needed to be cleared before we could land.

I still don't believe it though, how can someone be close enough to the runway to spot that in the dark when a plane is less than thirty seconds from landing?

Brandane

Legendary Member

A passenger jet may have come within moments of hitting a person-shaped object as it flew towards Manchester Airport

A "person shaped object" :laugh:, or PSO for short. I seem to meet a few of them every day. I wonder if they were conceived in Argos/Tesco..

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I live near Heathrow and I direct the planes into land from my spare bedroom window . The plane you saw would have made the fence according to my eeeerrrrrrrrrr HD TV and errrrrrrrr garmin500 but I made him pull up just to give people on the M25 a bit of a show .
Just so you know , the airport will be closing soon as I'm going to bed :thumbsup:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The pull-up manoeuvre, correct term is "go-around", happens on average around 10 times a week at Heathrow. Usual cause is the aircraft in front not vacating the runway in time to give landing clearance to the following one.

G3CWI

Veteran
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
About 17:30 I reckon .... would be interesting ....

Top Bottom