pull up ... PULL UP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
[QUOTE 3366442, member: 45"]Someone once flew a plane under the Clifton Suspension Bridge. His elation was short-lived though, as he crashed into the side of the gorge and killed himself.[/QUOTE]

I flew once from Nassau to Miami on the Chalk's flying boat. It used to depart from the channel between Nassau and Paradise Island, with the take-off run passing under the road bridge, by which time it was normally airborne.

Chalks101S.jpg

We all survived. :smile:

I think I remember from another thread that you're in Oakley? Bolletta skates at B'stoke Leisure Centre a couple of times a week (now that IS proper B'stoke) so I usually stuff the bike in the car and ride up Pack Lane through Oakley and on either to Hannington or up to Ellisfield. Great cycling all around there,

Well remembered. Yes the Hannington route is my local round-the-block ride. Also going north up to Silchester via Bramley you can get to a lovely Roman amphitheatre.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I flew once from Nassau to Miami on the Chalk's flying boat. It used to depart from the channel between Nassau and Paradise Island, with the take-off run passing under the road bridge, by which time it was normally airborne.

Chalks101S.jpg

We all survived. :smile:
Wasn't that the company who featured in an episode of aircrash investigation? Their maintenance programme got cited as the cause of an accident involving one of their seaplanes in 2005, resulting in the death of all 20 souls on board. A wing broke off in flight IIRC..

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I finally got to fly on a seaplane for the first time this year - was a tick on the bucket list. Managed to grab the co-pilot's seat too. :-)

The safety briefing was delivered by the pilot holding up an iPad for the passengers to watch. Immediately after it finished, ending with the instruction not to use electronic equipment during the flight, the pilot asked if anyone had any questions. I asked if I could use electronic equipment during the flight, and showed him my Garmin Virb Elite camcorder. "Sure," he said.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Three go-arounds, in fact (a Jet Airways Boeing 777 from Delhi behind the 747).

Here they are on the airport's own website:

http://myneighbourhood.bksv.com/lhr/home/webtrak/2530555
http://myneighbourhood.bksv.com/lhr/home/webtrak/2529914
http://myneighbourhood.bksv.com/lhr/home/webtrak/2530486
I've had a go-around at SeaTac before in a 747, but it looked like we were at least heading for the runway. Yesterdays 747 was about to put itself down on the perimeter fence ,... which surprised me in this day and age .....

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Wasn't that the company who featured in an episode of aircrash investigation? Their maintenance programme got cited as the cause of an accident involving one of their seaplanes in 2005, resulting in the death of all 20 souls on board. A wing broke off in flight IIRC..

Yes. Could even have been the same one that I flew on, though that was about 20 years earlier.

Top Bottom