Pull Ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Hmm the debate on whether 'burning fat around one's middle' is focused by doing a specific exercise (in this case pull-ups/crunches) is a bit of a placebo IMO. It will as you say strengthen and help look toned.

I am intrigued though how you do "4 sets of 20 when out running"...

biggrin.gif

You obviously don't do these exercises because if you did you wouldn't write what you did. How big is your girth?

Crankarm

Guru
How much do you weigh?

For what reason do you ask?

Bill Gates

For what reason do you ask?

The strength to lift a lighter weight is obviously less than for a heavy one. You might be able to do 20 chin ups and me 10 chin ups. I weigh 14.5 stone at the moment and if you weigh less than 11 stone my guess is that I would be much stronger than you.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Well I'm now doing 3 sets; 16/15/14, which is a huge improvement. Not tried to do my max yet, but reckon it'll be close to 20 :smile:

Bill Gates

Crankarm, on 10 August 2010 - 22:33:05, said: Chin ups are great for not only increasing up body strength, but also core strength. They are a great way coupled with crunches to burn fat around one's middle and quickly acquire well defined stomach and rib cage muscles. I think a month of doing them 6 days a week would see one become significantly more toned and stronger. They also strengthen back muscles and improve posture. I do 4 sets of 20 when out running.

How much do you weigh?

Well?

walker

Crankarm, on 10 August 2010 - 22:33:05, said: Chin ups are great for not only increasing up body strength, but also core strength. They are a great way coupled with crunches to burn fat around one's middle and quickly acquire well defined stomach and rib cage muscles. I think a month of doing them 6 days a week would see one become significantly more toned and stronger. They also strengthen back muscles and improve posture. I do 4 sets of 20 when out running.

Well?

Crunches won't nessisarly burn fat around your middle or strengthen your intercostals

Ben M

Crunches won't nessisarly burn fat around your middle or strengthen your intercostals

He wasn't posting that, he just quoted someone else and mucked up the code.

There's no necessarily at all, as I said; losing fat specifically from one place is a load of bollocks.

Garz

Squat Member
You obviously don't do these exercises because if you did you wouldn't write what you did. How big is your girth?

What an idiot. Not going to bite to such childish school yard riposte.
laugh.gif

Judging by others replies I think your on your own crankarm.

Garz

Squat Member
There's no such thing as targeted fat loss, sorry.

Yes. This is what I was angling Ben but being a tad more diplomatic but what would I know I don't do these exercises because if I did I wouldn't write what I did.

thumbsup.png

Top Bottom