Pulled my Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyB1981

Ok, so I've lately been spending more time running than cycling and did my first half marathon on Sunday. The week before, I had smacked my knee on a wall mounted heater and although sore for a couple of days, seemed to have little ongoing issue. However, around 1.5 miles in, my knee started to feel sore.

Having trained hard and mindful I also had 10 work colleagues with me, I refused to let it bother me and carried on. I completed the race, but over the next few days, my knee got worse rather than better, so I sought medical attention (yes, not before time!) and was told I have damaged my LCL. A course of anti-inflammatories and 6 weeks rest were prescribed.

Has anyone else had this injury? Any tips for staying active? My training has been going well and I really don't want to lapse. I'm tempted to try a short ride. I do do a bit of yoga, which should help. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

vickster

Legendary Member
6 weeks rest is the advice from the medical professional you saw you don't want to end up rupturing the ligament :ohmy:

Try swimming perhaps?

OP
OP
DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981

Thanks Vickster, and apologies for my slow response.

I agree with you completely. Take the advice, heal fast and then build up. Just wishful thinking really and a touch of frustration!

I've taken it easy this week and plan to swim tomorrow. See how that goes!

Dave

Top Bottom