Puncture Anxiety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£18 a year for ETA rescue (they get you home or to LBS)

Wonder if that would work if you were at the top of Jacobs Ladder (Hayfield), deep in Gwydir Forrest or the middle of no-where on a MTB ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got Continental Super Sport Plus X 700x25's on my light tourer and they were a right beggar to get on however I removed the front to replace the tube which had a very slight leak (went soft after about 3 days) and it came off fine and went back on easier than on first fitting.

Oh and I never found the leak on that tube. :cursing: that'll teach me never to buy cheap tubes again. :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
Wonder if that would work if you were at the top of Jacobs Ladder (Hayfield), deep in Gwydir Forrest or the middle of no-where on a MTB ?
No idea. Look at the website. The OP talks about roads his wife won’t drive, not the wilds. I expect it does not cover off road (essentially they send a car, needs to be accessible)

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Enough of the p*** taking now, have a good day.

You too ducks

Will Spin

Über Member
If you have still got the old wheels with non-tubeless ready rims, you can try fitting the new tyre on this rim, pump it up and leave it overnight, then take it off and fit onto the new wheel. I find this helps with getting new tyres on tight tubeless ready rims.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If nobody else has suggested it I'll say: Talc is the answer; it's the best natural dry lubricant for sticky rubber ever. Sprinkle it all over the beads.

Tenkaykev

Guru
If nobody else has suggested it I'll say: Talc is the answer; it's the best natural dry lubricant for sticky rubber ever. Sprinkle it all over the beads.

Slightly off topic ( but it does involve Talc)

Mrs Tenkay was given some really nice Talc as a birthday present a few years ago. It was from Lush and called something along the lines of " Silken Underwear"

She tells me that it is outstandingly good, and far, far better than any chamois cream / Bum Butter she has ever used.

I'll pinch some and give it a go next time I'm changing a tyre.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Those of you relying on a phone to save you obviously never venture far 'off the beaten track'! I am often 10 kms from the nearest phone reception and sometimes 20+ kms. That's a long way to walk a bike to summon help, especially if the help then takes 2+ hours to get there...

presta

Guru
Slightly off topic ( but it does involve Talc)

Mrs Tenkay was given some really nice Talc as a birthday present a few years ago. It was from Lush and called something along the lines of " Silken Underwear"

She tells me that it is outstandingly good, and far, far better than any chamois cream / Bum Butter she has ever used.

I'll pinch some and give it a go next time I'm changing a tyre.
I don't think you need talc on your bum just to change a tyre.

Top Bottom