Puncture in marathon+, Shall I send them back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I've got my first puncture in my marathon+ tyre after nearly 3 years.

Shall I send them back?:laugh:

You would have to get it off the rim first :smile:

Yup! I’d complain, they’re supposed to be bulletproof😂😂
Seriously though, they are amazing tyres - we’ve ridden ours through some amazing crud over a long time, and not a hiccup. Trouble is, you just assume that you will never get any problems!

Yup again! Sealant and Marathon plus really is bullet proof! But, you might have to pump up occasionally as you never know when you’ve had a problem. Mrs had a soft tyre a couple of times, decided to investigate - found serious blackthorn straight through tread!!

Twilkes

Guru
Do you not have to reapply sealant every few months, and if you ever need to change tyres does it not leave a big gloopy mess?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does sealant really work, I've never tried it.
Take a look at this...

Impressive tyre sealing; dangerously stupid bottle breaking attempts by presenter! :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Take a look at this...

Impressive tyre sealing; dangerously stupid bottle breaking attempts by presenter! :laugh:

The video is certainly impressive, however.........

It does not reflect my experience.

I recently purchased a new Giant Escape 1 Disc, with Giant Tubeless tyres. After six months, I was not impressed. Changed tyres for Marathons with Tubes.

Oh dear. Did you get that many flats ?

I know the marathon are very heavy but I always think you "could" offset that by leaving the pump and levers and spare tube at home...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Oh dear. Did you get that many flats ?

I know the marathon are very heavy but I always think you "could" offset that by leaving the pump and levers and spare tube at home...

The problem was not flats as such. It would appear, I got several punctures which self sealed, but, tyre then deflated at unexpected times, which was sometimes very inconvenient. In one occasion this happened when bike was parked in bright sunlight, I assume, it was caused by pressure change, due to temperature.

gbb

Legendary Member
Do you not have to reapply sealant every few months, and if you ever need to change tyres does it not leave a big gloopy mess?
The sealand does 'disappear', probably through punctures you didnt even realise you had. It can bleed through the valve when you're inflating tyres as well, making a little mess, but no big deal really.
Marathon + on my ebike, I've had definitely one, maybe two punctures, they're not puncture proof, just puncture resistant.

Top Bottom