Puncture Protection Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I'm looking for recommendations for the best puncture protection road tyres 700 x 25mm. I have previously used Continental Gatorskin Hardshell tyes which are very good. Any others as a recommendation?

Thanks in advance

J

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Schwalbe Marathon Plus?

Folding kevlar bead is completely different from kevlar puncture protection.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Another vote for Schwalbe Marathon Plus ..... but had you also considered Slime (or similar) self-healing tubes too? I find it best to double up.
As a 300lb cyclist I've done nearly 24,000 miles in the last 10 1/2 years with only one puncture out on the road ..... and I blame my own carelessness for that one. Peace of mind at the cost of a few ounces of extra weight.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Another vote for Schwalbe Marathon Plus ..... but had you also considered Slime (or similar) self-healing tubes too? I find it best to double up.
As a 300lb cyclist I've done nearly 24,000 miles in the last 10 1/2 years with only one puncture out on the road ..... and I blame my own carelessness for that one. Peace of mind at the cost of a few ounces of extra weight.

I swear by Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres too and have these on my gravel/all purpose bike but I don't think they are good to run as 25s on a road bike - or are they? I may be wrong.

Top Bottom