Puncture repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
We always used teaspoons when I was a child - it never occurred to me there was such a thing as a manufactured tyre lever for bicycle tyres.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Though i was the record holder with 3 punctures on one day, but 9, you are by far the winner just hope i never come close to breaking your score.

Any one else had more than 3 or can even come close to Yukonboys run in with the puncture fairy ( or fairies )?

PS i mend tubes after i get home then refit so my spare tubes are either new or as near as.

Norfolk flints and it had got dark so was hard to avoid stuff in the road. I did have a spare tube so the patches were across two tubes. I now have a box of 100 patches and make sure I have plenty when riding my bikes not on tubeless.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Aren't metal levers mainly for people who haven't learned to roll the lever over the rim as they lift the bead on/off? Sort of like stabiliser wheels for tyre fitting.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Aren't metal levers mainly for people who haven't learned to roll the lever over the rim as they lift the bead on/off? Sort of like stabiliser wheels for tyre fitting.

You might consider them as 'traditional', or perhaps that steel is a more appropriate material for them.
Certainly I was using them long before plastic ones had been invented, rolling them over the rim as you mention.

OP
OP
U

User76022

Or for people with cheaper mountain bike tyres like me, ie not the foldable tyres. Ie the ones that can be quite a chore to remove.

Top Bottom