Quality Street v Roses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
All of them have plusses, I don't eat nuts (stop sniggering at the back) and can't have the toffee pennies or choc eclairs or any particularly hard things so, fussy šŸ¤£

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Whichever one has those flat toffee jobbies that try hard to pull your fillings out.

Slightly OT - while I'm waiting for the olive bread to be ready, then the sponge for the chocolate log to be made:
Thank you so much @Reynard for the ginger bread recipe you gave me years ago, it's the tops!
It's my to go recipe every Christmas. I make wee gingerbread men for gifting, leaving the misfits for eating myself :laugh:
Here is some of this year's production:
View attachment 716939

Now that's really made my day @Pat "5mph" :blush:

Those gingerbread men look fabby. :becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
Everyone knows Quality Street is the best.
Roses a distant second.
With Celebrations and miniature heroes 3rd and 4th.

Discuss?
Quality Street* just isn't the same since the ditched the toffees, more specifically the Toffee Deluxe. Although they did reintroduce it for this Christmas, due to declining sales.

One thing that's the same for them all, is that the weight marked on tons/plastic containers, includes wrappers. These can make up to as much as 15% of the marked weight.

*The factory in which they're made is a little over three miles, by road, from where I'm sat now.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Maybe but "Roses grow on you"

My grandad always said roses were improved by some horse manure.
Heā€™s probably not wrong.

Alex321

Veteran
Everyone knows Quality Street is the best.
Roses a distant second.
With Celebrations and miniature heroes 3rd and 4th.

Discuss?

My wife eat more of that type of chocolate than I do, but definitely prefers Roses over QS. Celebrations run Roses close, sometimes she prefers one, sometimes the other. Heroes aren't in the frame at all.

When I do have some, celebrations are definitely my preferred choice, not too fussed between QS and Roses.

But Thornton's continentals streets ahead of any of those.

tyred

Legendary Member
Roses are a poor shadow of what they once were.

With Quality Street, you need a 4lb lump hammer and a blow lamp to tenderise those bloody toffees before you can eat them.

Slick

Guru
I never ever thought I'd hear anyone say that. It's now closer to American chocolate than it's ever been.

I don't think that's unusual as I'm the same, I think its probably just what you get used with but I always feel there's an bit of an after taste with nestle.

Whilst I agree, American chocolate isn't the best, does it no just come down to sugar content?

Top Bottom