Quality Street v Roses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think that's unusual as I'm the same, I think its probably just what you get used with but I always feel there's an bit of an after taste with nestle.

Whilst I agree, American chocolate isn't the best, does it no just come down to sugar content?
No, have a read of this:
https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/why-american-chocolate-tastes-like-vomit

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

It absolutely tastes of puke! I work for an Anglo-US company so it’s not uncommon for colleagues to bring over ‘candy’. Even worse, one of them actually came from Hershey and was understandably protective of the town’s most famous export. I think she was ready to call in air strikes when it was explained to her that most of us thought the chocolate tasted of throw-up.

vickster

Legendary Member
I never ever thought I'd hear anyone say that. It's now closer to American chocolate than it's ever been.

Not at all, there’s no similarity for my palate between UK Cadbury’s and disgusting Hersheys for example.
i don’t like QS, the only vaguely ok one is the fudge but the Roses or Heroes ones are much better.
Celebrations for me of the 4

Drago

Legendary Member
It absolutely tastes of puke! I work for an Anglo-US company so it’s not uncommon for colleagues to bring over ‘candy’. Even worse, one of them actually came from Hershey and was understandably protective of the town’s most famous export. I think she was ready to call in air strikes when it was explained to her that most of us thought the chocolate tasted of throw-up.

Its a good thing there's no WMD in your understairs cupboard...although an absence thereof wont stop them.

postman

Legendary Member
Don't like any of them. They're way too sweet.

Green & Black miniatures or Lindor for me. Or, if I could get a whole box of Thornton's Seville orange caramel-filled chocolates. Now *those* are divine.
I could tell,your composition your posts how descriptive how interesting about food,cats house all great.I knew you had class and style.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have not got a sweet tooth. I worked a Cadburys for a few years (a good company) and could eat anything I wanted......but seldom did.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Its a good thing there's no WMD in your understairs cupboard...although an absence thereof wont stop them.

In the olden days before health and safety was invented Mrs Dr B did bring some samples home from an experiment that might have been a little radioactive at the time. Not dirty-bomb amounts, more filthy party popper.

But yeah, the chocolate thing. Heroes are alright.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ahh, what I still call 'golden pennies'. They're a conspiracy theory between Rowntree's and the dental fraternity, as filling extraction is their sole reason for being in the box - ! :rofl:
"Penny Flats" have gone soft over the years. Nowt like they used to be.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I've just opened a packet of Quality Street and inside they are all toffees and that's it? There's the long toffee finger and a soft chocolate caramel one and that's it? No others? I wouldn't have got them if I'd have known.
I prefer decent chocolates, I had a box of some Belgian ones from M and S a bit ago and they were very nice. Quality Street are just not very nice.

Alex321

Veteran
I've just opened a packet of Quality Street and inside they are all toffees and that's it? There's the long toffee finger and a soft chocolate caramel one and that's it? No others? I wouldn't have got them if I'd have known.
I prefer decent chocolates, I had a box of some Belgian ones from M and S a bit ago and they were very nice. Quality Street are just not very nice.

That is not normal.

But they do now do a range of "favourites", one of which is the "golden selection", which it looks like you got.
https://groceries.asda.com/product/...vourites-golden-selection-354-g/1000383200931

Top Bottom