Question on wheels fulcrum 3 wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Not being very apt at working at my bike and tending to use the LBS....I have a question. My kinesis bike campag build needs a new wheelset (rims very thin) My LBS bike shop says fulcrum 3 would be a good choice and they are about £500. He also states it is better that he fits them as they need to be set up properly..is that correct. Can I just not buy a set from eg wiggle....
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-rac...|pcrid|67090789142|pkw||pmt||prd|5360554368uk

and swap over? what's the setup process? As you can see a lot cheaper from wiggle

jay clock

Massive member
as long as you have the cassette tools etc it is an easy job. And they are £300 quid elsewhere. So if he wants £500 I personally would say no. And if he wants to make you pay for installation, no way. Even if no extra to install, £200 to install is mad. I will drive to you for £150 and do them

I've got a three year old set of these with about 4500km on them and the've been excellent, ridden on roads paths ect. never needed truing & they seem to have quite a lot left in them. 500 plus installation is a rip off unless it include a cassette and tyres(good ones). Get them from wiggle or similar and fit them yourself /or go to a different shop
What is your bike 10 or 11 speed? if its 10 use the spacer, if its 11 don't you will need to fit the cassette and index the gears, set the brakes that's all.
I would expect to pay a shop for 2 hrs labour for that. Plus any parts like a new cassette or pads.

I've just looked at wiggle & personally I would go for the 3's in a two way fit as that gives you the option to run tubeless

winjim

Smash the cistern
You say Campagnolo build but have linked to Shimano/SRAM compatible wheels. Make sure you get the correct freehub for your groupset. If it's Campagnolo, there's none of that tedious faffing about with spacers as their 9/10/11sp cassettes are all the same width.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
You say Campagnolo build but have linked to Shimano/SRAM compatible wheels. Make sure you get the correct freehub for your groupset. If it's Campagnolo, there's none of that tedious faffing about with spacers as their 9/10/11sp cassettes are all the same width.
I did and i mean Campag.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Set up properly ???
As long as you're confident with putting a cassette on the wheel just order them online for 200 notes less.
Surley even if you are not entirely confident at fitting, you may know someone in your local circle that will help you to save you a few ££££

gmw492

Veteran
I bought some Campagnolo Scirocco wheels and myself not being very good at mechanical stuff on bikes decided to do it myself just bought the correct cassette remover and chain whip and put the spacer on and fitted it ,not had a problem with them ever since, indexing was fine ,my groupset is Shimano but Scirocco wheels were compatible

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
just ordered the fulcrum 3 wheelset from wiggle there was an additional £10 discount on the Wiggle site and the final price was £289. Very pleased with that price, my kinesis racelight 2 is a great bike and this new set of wheels should make it great++

Top Bottom