Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got on a bus yesterday, with the driver ushering me on asap saying he didn't need to see my bus pass. I thought on putting your pass over the scanning machine it registered your, use enabling the bus company to claim the fare from the authorities.🤔

I remember in the old days OAPs just walked on showing their pass

then sometimes they started logging it and you could sometimes hear the driver clicking a clicky-thing (sorry - techy term) as they walke dpast

I can see why they would want them scanned to
a) check the pass is real
b) as you say - claim from "someone"

but I can see some route being "paid by the log" and some being more of a "just let them on" depending on the demand and the type fo passenger profile
but I am just making it up based on what I know and think rather than evidence
 

lenfield

Senior Member
I got on a bus yesterday, with the driver ushering me on asap saying he didn't need to see my bus pass. I thought on putting your pass over the scanning machine it registered your, use enabling the bus company to claim the fare from the authorities.🤔

I rarely use the bus but quite often the scanner isn't working. Perhaps it wasn't working when you used it?
 
Top Bottom