Quick detach SPD pedals for brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitchibob

Über Member
Or you could use non-folding pedals on the B. I've seen people who do that. The drawback would be bashing your shins while carrying it, and reduced storage flexibility.

I use flats on mine as I often ride it in ordinary shoes, but on longer rides I must admit that I do hanker for some SPDs.

Although, going up stairs carrying it, the sticking out pedal can actually help a little. For me, not having folding pedal is only slightly inconvenient. But, then, hate the noise folding pedals inevitably start making, and removable pedals just had me worried about leaving a pedal on the train or something.

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

At the moment I'm using Shimano M520's - my favourite pedals on all my bikes! I'll keep looking for an alternative (but it will need to be good, and a bit more affordable ^_^)

tinywheels

Über Member
:stop:

That is quite impressive, seeing as how the SPD has only been a thing since around 1990 so most of us have only been able to use SPD pedals for 30 years (and that includes me, a proud SPD user since about 1992/3 ish?

too much skol methinks, please reread and inwardly digest.
I have nothing against SPDs, only I don't see how they fit the posters description.
When I used them I was convinced I was a cycling god. However when I used to drink I believed I was a love god.
Just because you believe something to be true, its not necessarily so:eek:

tinywheels

Über Member
I use these MKS detachable pedals, they pop out very easily. Most of the time I don't bother, I just put up with a sticky out pedal.

Attachments

• IMG-20221019-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20221019-WA0003.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 43

12boy

Guru
I like my Shimano pedals which are not removable but are flat on one side and SPD on the other. In the winter the flats allow for hiking boots or Sorels, and flip flops or Crocs in the summer. The rest of the time it is the SPDS, as they keep my feets on the pedal, especially when standing to pedal up a steep hill.

Top Bottom