quick erecting tent - not popup!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
aramok said:
I guess the most practical advice I can suggest is to go to one of the outdoor 'show' type things where they have the tents up for you to view them.

Good advice. Go Outdoors are a good bet for this if you have one nearby. Cotswold sometimes put a show on in a suitable field near their stores in the summer only. Go Outdoors have some stonking bargains from time to time....had a couple of tents from them over the years incl. a Vaude Taurus Ultralight which replaced my Vango Force Ten Mk2 which "only" lasted 30 years :tongue:(well they did warn me the nylon versions wouldn't last as long as the heavier cotton ones)

Vango Investments

porkypete said:
...my Vango Force Ten Mk2 which "only" lasted 30 years :cry:(well they did warn me the nylon versions wouldn't last as long as the heavier cotton ones)

You did do well with a 30 year old nylon flysheet - guess it did not see too much sunshine .:rain::laugh:

We have 4 - the oldest of which was bought 6 months before I was born and is as close to an orginal as I believe you can get, before the option of lightweight groundsheets let alone lightweight flysheets- the groundsheet is blue, not green and seriously heavyweight - then there are the pole connectors (A's) which are metal, not plastic and the poles don't have feet, there are separate metal O rings that you slide underneath the metal spike on the end of the poles (they came in 2 sizes - grass or mud!)

I'll be 38 at Christmas -

then there is the 2nd Mk4 which is only 29 years old... the other 2 are mere youngsters at 26 & 24...

suddenly I feel old and on a Friday afternoon that is not good with a cycle ride home

If it is raining hard most small tents take less than 5mins to put up - if its sunny I have taken 30 or 40 minutes

Personally I prefer "freestanding" tents so I have only got poles to mess with

Top Bottom