Quick Random question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

Since I started riding my bike again is bassically:
So what I've noticed when ever I ride my bike in the park that whenever I fall off by accident. I just go back on (which I didnt when I was younger) and for me it seems to increase your bike handling as you feel more confident. Does anyone else feel like this?

S-Express

Why are you falling off?

snorri

Legendary Member
So what I've noticed when ever I ride my bike in the park that whenever I fall off by accident. I just go back on (which I didnt when I was younger) and for me it seems to increase your bike handling as you feel more confident. Does anyone else feel like this?
No, but I have never ridden in a park.
Are you cycling on grass?

CUBE CRD

I've never fallen off a bike in my life...and i stopped using stabilisers a few years ago.
Put a foot down often enough,and wore out many types of brake pads.

Are you riding over obstacles by any chance,like Danny MacAskill or the other dude on the CX bike?

gaijintendo

Veteran
Skate park?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I try not to fall off, obviously, but on the rare occasions when I do (normally no other vehicle involved, just my front wheel slipping on something), at least I have a rough idea of what to expect. :rolleyes: I understand exactly what you mean.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I am not one to talk because I fall off my bike on a fairly frequent basis but front wheel skids can be nasty because you haven't got any steering so be careful. If you aren't coming to any harm you are probably falling "well", i.e. not onto anything valuable like your head, rolling or sliding when you hit the ground and wearing gloves.

But there is always one that catches you out, I broke my arm right by my elbow ironically in a very low speed crash (where you can't roll/slide so you get maximum impact). Plus if you want to progress to roads at some stage loss of control accidents can end up being very dangerous.

There is probably a way to learn to slide/roll but it always seems to end up as instincts when you actually do crash.

User269

Not quick, certainly not random. Also incomprehensible, despite which several people have attempted to answer.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Speaking of learning to fall, I used to live near a ski resort and taught myself to snowboard on some second hand kit by initially learning to fall, until I mastered it to the point I could get to the bottom in one upright fall.

Top Bottom