Quit the Fags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I gave up the fags once. My bf wasn't happy :laugh:

ps: well done!

trampyjoe

Nice one. Try and keep at it.

I gave up just over 2 years ago and dont miss it at all (actually thats balls... There are occasions when i think 'i could really do with a smoke right now' and that happwns at the strangest times).

gbb

Legendary Member
Excellent stuff. Ive been off them for circa 9 or 10 months now, and feel a damn sight better for it. Average speeds are up, no coughing, no achy chests when pushing it a bit on the bike, just so much better.
Keep at it GOG...:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22722

Nice one. Try and keep at it.

I gave up just over 2 years ago and dont miss it at all (actually thats balls... There are occasions when i think 'i could really do with a smoke right now' and that happwns at the strangest times).

Too true. I nearly always feel like one on a night out after a few pints. But also sometimes get the urge at the weirdest of times, like a couple of weeks ago standing outside Aldi at 7.50am in the pouring rain waiting for it to open.

I don't think the urge will ever totally go away but I do go for months sometimes without thinking about them.

Widge

Baldy Go
I send hearty congrats too!! :smile:

I have smoked all my life and, despite being in love with bicycling.....just find the thought of taking the first steps to quitting so hard. It's odd........I found myself increasingly drinking to the detriment of my health over several years...and just STOPPED! Didn't touch a drop for a year. Now I 'enjoy' an occaisional pint or two (particularily after a long ride,:cheers: but don't consume it at home by the bucketful like I used to. But stopping the fags is something I've yet to tackle.:sad:
Maybe...as I become increasingly keen on the cycling the urge to quit will outweigh the reticence. Certainly-I'm starting to feel I'm living on borrowed time-and it isn't a good feeling at all.

Well done you and all........

best
w

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I quit maybe 3 years ago, I do occasionally have the odd cigarette after a few beers at the pub and I do still get cravings at really random times, probably for smoking daily for about a decade. I have to admit though I didn't find it particularly difficult and cut down then quit within 2 weeks of taking up exercise (running), though I totally appreciate that others find it very very hard - my nemesis is food. Stopping definitely made a big difference to my health though and at the price cigarettes are now, its crazy the amount people can spend. £7 a day is over £2500 a year, you could treat yourself to a nice bike every 6 months instead :smile:

Good luck with it :smile:

Gaz Vickers

Keep at it - it'll be the best thing you ever do. :thumbsup:
Like others have said, you will never lose the odd cravings but it does get easier, after smoking 20 a day for almost 17years, and now been stopped for 13months, i don't miss it at all.
Good Luck.

compo

Veteran
45 years a heavyish smoker, in my 40's and 50's 30 odd a day. I went to a NHS stop smoking group and was prescribed Champix and a few days later quit, and nearly 6 years later I am still quit.

Top Bottom