R.I.P. Cat mobile phone. 2013 - 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
CC members, putting a stop to climate change in one fail swoop.....then you visit their house and find they been posting bullshoot about not having tvs, radios, internet, phones, cars etc etc etc but it looks good posting it on the tinterweb for likes

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I understand about 3 words of that! :laugh:

Lord only knows how intelligent adults achieved independence before the mobile phone came along, eh? Its lord only knows how the likes of Einstein, Patton, Gandhi and Dudley Moore managed to live independently without movile phones.

It's just like any invention - if they are useful they become part of your life and therefore 'indispensable'.

I'm not big on phone calls or messages but other features are fantastic.

In days of yor Mrs SD broke down on the M25 without a mobile phone and I was worried sick until she arrived home a couple of hours later.

I have no idea why anyone would deprive themselves of benefits like that.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What's that got to do with this thread?
im commenting on how CC members make posts about things they no longer have or use...this is one of those said posts, yet he has a tablet/ipad that has a sim card that can be used to make calls or send messages, so in essence still has a mobile phone device.

its the same as the member who recently posted they dont have internet, yet they were posting on here via their mobile with access to data, so in essence still had the internet......it goes on all over the forum

im commenting on how CC members make posts about things they no longer have or use...this is one of those said posts, yet he has a tablet/ipad that has a sim card that can be used to make calls or send messages, so in essence still has a mobile phone device.

its the same as the member who recently posted they dont have internet, yet they were posting on here via their mobile with access to data, so in essence still had the internet......it goes on all over the forum
is that sort of like I don't have an electric bike but still the wheels turn?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Those of you with old smart phones might want to look into what happens next year when 3G starts to be switched off. If you cannot use 4G then you will fall back to 2G/Edge and can even lose coverage completely.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's just like any invention - if they are useful they become part of your life and therefore 'indispensable'.

I'm not big on phone calls or messages but other features are fantastic.

In days of yor Mrs SD broke down on the M25 without a mobile phone and I was worried sick until she arrived home a couple of hours later.

I have no idea why anyone would deprive themselves of benefits like that.
Got one built into the car me old mucker,

CC members, putting a stop to climate change in one fail swoop.....then you visit their house and find they been posting bullshoot about not having tvs, radios, internet, phones, cars etc etc etc but it looks good posting it on the tinterweb for likes

I have all the mod cons, other than a mobile phone. I have no need for one, have always found them intrusive anyway, and having worked in hi tec crime know of the 101 ways they can be used to F you over...and I left over 4 years ago so it's probably 1001 ways by now.

If I had the need for banal conversations by text or whippsapp then id have one, but the 4G tablet im using to type this does everything else better than a phone anyway so why bother?

Last edited:

Biker man

I get phonecalls from my mate on his dumbphone asking if I can use my smartphone to check when the next bus is! :laugh:
I wish there was more apps on the new feature phone I do like them my smart phone is always phoning some one with out me knowing 🤠😃

Top Bottom