R.I.P. Lemmy, 07/07/13 - 19/08/21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
So sorry to hear that Lemmy has passed away Drago. But it was the kindest thing to do and he isn't in pain anymore. That must be some consolation.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to hear about Lemmy. I'm glad that you're still with us though, some forum members were beginning to get worried.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Sorry to hear this. Here’s a virtual <hug>

RIP Lemmy

Im sure he’ll be missed. He was a great companion.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I remember the pain of that experience with my past pets, so very sorry to hear your news @Drago.
Hope you and all the D-family can take comfort from lots of happy memories of Lemmy.

By coincidence, I've been down in the dumps tonight after taking my oldest cat to the vet earlier. Still with us at the moment, but with a very bad prognosis. He's been with us over 16 years, which is older than both the children; I fear their reaction for than my own. :sad:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
You did the best and kindest thing for your friend, the last act of love that you can do for a beloved dog.
It’s never easy, I know this from experience, but Lemmy will know how much he was loved by you and your family. Most importantly, you were there for him.
Our canine friends are so much more than ‘just a dog’. Sending love and best wishes to you at this awful time xx

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
… I've lost be best friend I've ever had, and feel dreadful that it was my signature that made it happen. Logic tells me it was the kindest thing to do, but I feel terrible and don't think I can ever forgive myself.
So sorry for your loss, @Drago, but you're a kind man that made the selfless choice. Don't be hard on yourself. Your request for him to be allowed to feel no more pain in the face of terrible odds and the impending inevitable was one of compassion.

One positive, once the painful hurt you feel dies down, Lemmy will visit you over and over through great memories. Lemmy is not hurting anymore. We all feel for you, friend.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad to hear this, how's Mini D holding up

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
So so sorry to hear the loss of your best friend Lemmy. A very sad time for you and your family and a big loss in your heart. A big hug from me . 🌈

You will never forget Lemmy

we know that

little things will happen that always remind you

in my case I can never open a can of tinned rice pudding without looking behind me for an Alsatian
and very time I get my bike out of the shed I see her lead - which is probably why it is there

Lemmy will never leave you - but the hurt will recede over time - but come back at times

sending more sympathy

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
It’s terrible saying ‘goodbye’ to a loyal and loving friend, but it’s often the kindest thing to do in return for all he gave you - try to think about the great life he had with you rather than the last few days …

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Totally the right thing to do Drago. Holding on for your own needs would have been wrong and you will come to know that.

Think of all the great times you have had.

Top Bottom