Rack for front panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CafGriff

MontyVeda Darling!! ' ...
Brake bosses??!! Skewers??!! Be gentle with me? .... I'm NEW :addict:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
MontyVeda Darling!! ' ...
Brake bosses??!! Skewers??!! Be gentle with me? .... I'm NEW :addict:
hello CafGriff :hello:

basically, the rack fits on to existing brake fittings on the forks, and the skewer goes through the front wheel hub, where it attaches the wheel to the fork.... so you don't need a front fork with specific pannier fixing points

like this...
lt3.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Cat Griff, I think front panniers are a good and noble idea, balancing the weight on your bicycle will result in better handling and longer life for your back wheel. If you overload the back wheel, spokes are more likely to break on the cog side, necessitating removing the cog before replacing the spoke. Your tires will wear more evenly as well.
14 June 1942- If there is anything I've learned from cycling, and being descended from steelworkers and machinists, it is that there is nothing that cannot be accomplished, provided you have the proper fittings and hardware.

CafGriff

Cat Griff, I think front panniers are a good and noble idea, balancing the weight on your bicycle will result in better handling and longer life for your back wheel. If you overload the back wheel, spokes are more likely to break on the cog side, necessitating removing the cog before replacing the spoke. Your tires will wear more evenly as well.
14 June 1942- If there is anything I've learned from cycling, and being descended from steelworkers and machinists, it is that there is nothing that cannot be accomplished, provided you have the proper fittings and hardware.
Hey Gravity Aided. What a fab Blog U have!! I'll read more whne I have more time. Some more please!!:becool::bicycle:

Top Bottom