Racks & Heel clearance for MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonee62

I'm trying to find out if the Tubus Vega rear rack would fit ok on to a Giant Escape M Zero. My concern is if I fit a Vega would I have enough heel clearance with panniers? If none of the Tubus racks are suitable, does anybody have any suggestions on a basic looking rack.....nothing too bulky. I've tried the Tortec & Topeak Expeditions, solid racks I must admit but I found them to be too big and clunky. I use my bike mainly for commuting and shopping, so something quite light but durable. Thats what attracted me to the Tubus. I've also spotted a Madsion Peak, which looks ok but I have the same questions with heel clearance with that one too.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've got the same bike. Good aren't they?
I think I've got Topeak super tourist (sorry, not certain) - it's disc specific model anyway.
I use bikebins on it with no heel clearance problems for my size 11 spd equiped feet.
What might make the difference is the rack slopes down from rear to front so the bikebins kick backwards slightly

OP
OP
Tonee62

Tonee62

Yes the bike is good, its a nice ride.
I've seen the Topeak Super Tourist and nearly bought one but I decided it was a bit big for me just like the Tortec Expedition. I've never thought of tilting the rack from the rear. I really would like something quite small capable of comfortably carrying panniers. Also when I go for a ride I don't want a large rack on the back of the bike. I fitted the Totec rack and took it off an hour later, I've now sold it to a mate in work.

Top Bottom