Radio 1 DJ's = Tossers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This should probably go in soapbox but...

I have a shower radio which I always like to have on when I'm, err, showering. Unfortunately, it can only pick up a decent signal from Radio 1 so I'm stuck with it.

I normally have the misfortune to take my shower after 7pm and have to listen to a particularly annoying DJ whose first name starts with Z. What a tosser. He talks in the most dramatic fashion trying to sound hip and cool but really, he sounds like a knob.

And then there's that annoying northern chav bint whose name rhymes with sox who talks the most amazing amount of nonsensical garbage during her shows in an annoying northern accent that you just want to punch her radio face.

As for Piss Boils in the morning, if ever there was a love yourself up your own arse fat twat, it's him.

In fact I find them all annoying! ;) Anybody else wanting to declare a fatwa on this annoying radio station?

Renard

Total fuds an aw ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's one on Radio Lancashire in the mornings who is crude, vulgar and thoroughly moronic.

U

User482

I got a digital radio for christmas, and now listen almost exclusively to radio 6.

LBC for me - polarised ranting if you can get a broadcaster between ads!
There is a guy on in the evening called Nick Abbot, who also broadcasts 'popular music' on Virgin (?;)). He's a funny man - absolutely on my wavelength and definitely worth a listen between 7 - 10pm (he's on holiday this week though...)

Dump the BBC rubbish at once!:blush:

LBC is available on tinternet btw www.lbc.co.uk

mr Mag00

rising member
may i suggest that perhaps you are not in their target audience, i could be wrong.

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

on a side note, i enjoy listening to Bush and Troy on GWR Bristol in the mornings either on the bedrom radio or car if i drive into work. They're completely the opposite of the R1 self-gratification artists. Not at all up their arse, not afraid to admit their own personal failings and take the piss out of themselves, their radio team, and the bristol public.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Radio 4 for me usually; then I have Logik wifi radio in the kitchen so I can listen to any of the listen-again radio shows on any station whenever I want. Then, if I get bored I have access to almost every radio station across the world, plus podcast streams, plus the ability to stream anything from my PC.

A great wee piece of kit, espcially as I got it for £40 on a promotion last year.

I don't think I've listened to Radio 1 since the end of the 70s. Dire, self-imporant 'celeb' DJs are not my thing, nor is the garbage they play at the behest of the record company pluggers.

Radio 4 for me, until 8pm when Radcliffe & Maconie go on Radio 2. Then possibly Radio 1 if I'm working through the night, they play some pretty good stuff late on. I only ever listen to any radio while I'm driving though, for some reason.
I used to enjoy digital radio, and spent a hundred quid or so on a few DAB sets just before moving to Monmouth. What a shame there's no digital signal in Monmouth yet.;)

ChrisKH

Guru
mr Mag00 said:
may i suggest that perhaps you are not in their target audience, i could be wrong.

That's it, I suspect. At least that's what I tell myself. Face it trusty you're just getting on.;)
Doesn't it pick up Radio 4 or Classic FM? :blush:

Top Bottom