Radio 1 DJ's = Tossers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

I never listen to radio 1...it's like a soap opera or celebrity get me out of here program....utter sh*te IMO.
I listen to my local BBC 3 counties radio....about the only station I do listen too. It has traffic reports every 15 mins weekdays, useful daytime programs if you tune it that time....and football commentry on Luton Town games.

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

ChrisKH said:
That's it, I suspect. At least that's what I tell myself. Face it trusty you're just getting on.;)
Doesn't it pick up Radio 4 or Classic FM? :blush:

:biggrin: once i hit 40, radio 1 abandoned me to the wolves. :ohmy:

i will retry angling the radio when i'm in the shower again, see what i can get!

mr Mag00

rising member
radio 1 target audience 15 -25, i do listen to it and im miles from their target audience. in the car it just wafts over me, radio 4 needs concentrating on and i find it difficult in the car. And with young children i find it keeps me in touch with the kidz innit!

twowheelsgood

Radio 4, cos I love the smell of politicians not answering the question in the morning.

Hell I'm in Switzerland and do better than you for radio choice, try using BBC live streams.

mr Mag00 said:
radio 1 target audience 15 -25, i do listen to it and im miles from their target audience. in the car it just wafts over me, radio 4 needs concentrating on and i find it difficult in the car. And with young children i find it keeps me in touch with the kidz innit!

I find it the other way around. I can ignore R4 if I'm not really listening to it, but R1 and 2 really irritate me if there's something I don't like on, which is most of the time during the day.
the nice thing about R4 is that you can get really into something you had no interest in, or intention of listening to.

NickM

Veteran
trustysteed said:
...it can only pick up a decent signal from Radio 1...
Throw it away?

NickM

Veteran
This might suit your needs; but I don't think you can take it in the shower with you!

When I'm in the shower I can't hear the reliable old Sony FM portable radio that lives on the bathroom window sill. These things are sent to try us...

Arch

Married to Night Train
NickM said:
Throw it away?

That was my thought...

I have a Baygen windup radio, one of the original ones, and it sits atop the toilet cistern and I can hear it fine. And it needs no batteries.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I can listen to Radio 1 for hours. However, when i went to work with my dad in the truck and we had radio 1 on, we turned it off after a while after the same song came on for the 3rd time.
Chris Moyles, not listened to him for a while. Scott Mills i enjoy listening to. Zain Lowe isnt too bad. Westwood i dont like the music he plays, but his voice makes me laugh. Colin Bourmen is excellent, hes on at 10PM on some nights, He plays download songs and he has some real good songs on. Big Vern is alright on weekends.
My mum cant listen to it for too long though, she thinks its strange how most of them have very strong accents.

Colin Murray (I think) plays some good stuff and is pretty entertaining. Some of the night shift - Annie Mac, Annie Nightingale and them - are also worth a listen. But the master of them all was the late lamented John Peel. Most of the shows these days seem to be geared towards a particular type of music, but on Peelie's show you could hear Napalm Death followed by Jake Thackeray followed by Sizzla followed by Laura Cantrell, etc. So much better than two hours of heavy rock or breakbeat, purely for the variety.

Top Bottom