Radio Clyde 2 cyclist bashing discussion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
The taxation thing always makes me laugh, yes by all means legislate for cyclists to pay nothing, with all the paperwork required etc, and earn nothing from it, then the same morons can complain about the state of the roads and consider why government don't have the cash for road repairs.

GaGa

In the wake of recent publicity re the death of pedestrian Kim Briggs, cyclists are getting a universal bashing on the discussion programme "Scotland's Talk-In" this morning.

The usual predictive complaints re red light jumping, pavement cycling, not using cycle paths and lanes, and of course we should have insurance and pay "road tax".

I was compelled to send in an e-mail to try and defend some of us, but it was probably a waste of time.....

Brandane: Some very good points you made but I fear they will fall on deaf ears. When I am told I don't pay road tax I usually point out that I am paying £ 180 annual VED on a car that sits in the garage when I'm cycling.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yep, there is neither the generating capacity of the rare earth minerals to replace ICE cars like for like with an electric one, so the car driving majority are facing a lifetime on the bus. I can't wait.

Johnno260

Veteran
Sounds like a regular day at my office with cycling bashing.

When the tax (VED) excuse happens I lol and say you can legislate for cyclists to be free and it will only cost the general tax payer to legislate for no income.

I pointed out to most of them I run two cars and my bike so in fuel, repairs, and general stuff I pay more VAT then them so I’m more entitled to the road than they are.

pjd57

Veteran
Radio Snyde are best ignored.

Top Bottom