Rain, Inner tubes & Tyres

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Theo42, 13 Jul 2012.

1. Theo42

Theo42 Active Member

Despite the weather I have been getting out on rides as much as possible (this winter summer won't beat me!).
    But to add to the misery yesterday, I was out on a 30 mile recovery ride after wednesday's 80 miler when I got... not one, not two... but three punctures!!! Talk about bad luck!
    So I went to my LBS to get some new inner tubes today, and was swayed to invest in some Conti GP four season tyres.
    Haven't tried them out yet - I used today's rare good weather to give my bike a good deep clean and service.
    Anyone got a set of these?? Any good?
    I paid £43 each (with 3 new inner tubes I got the lot for a £100). I know I could have got them cheaper on the internet, but I wanted them for this weekend and afterall it is my LBS!
    Having slicks on before in this wet weather I have been slipping a little on corners, and I just haven't had the confidence in taking the corners and decents quickly. Hopefully these will help.

2. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

If they fitted them, cleaned n serviced your bike then not bad.

3. They are grippy and light, cut up quite easily though.

4. I've had 4 season before and found them grippy, well roling and light and imc robust, having a good p'ture record but I only weigh abou 9.5stone. However, as you've probably found out they are expensive so I've switched, I'm really liking Mitch Krylion Carbons but they are a bit like hens teeth so when they eventually wear out they'll probably be replaced with the successor Mitch Pro 4 Endurance.

5. hoopdriver

hoopdriver Veteran

I've got the 4 Seasons and like them a lot - enough so that I am on my second pair. They are durable, handle well and have excellent puncture resistance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice