Raleigh ebike .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The bars on the Motus do have some sweep, but there's still several inches of straight bar at the end.

They would chop OK by an inch or two, which is all that's needed to make a difference.

https://www.raleigh.co.uk/gb/en/mot...ZVjO9y51mERBhO7F7pZeMacouUVwvtKxoCNY0QAvD_BwE
Yeah - I should really have looked closer before commenting - but that would have meant going out in the cold!

Looking on the Raleigh site, you are right - there should be an inch or two you could trim
and - so I'm told - an inch makes a lot of difference😊

sheddy

Legendary Member
You already know this, but charge and store the battery in the warm, not in the shed.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
so when i do buy this raleigh motus GT ,i will more than likely change the saddle bars and peddals.
but if i wanted to change the front fork for a carbon fork it that possible.
i wont need suspention all my cycling will be on tarmac.

Basically outside the motor attachments area and the fixings for the battery it is just a bike
so I would assume you can do anything to it you could do with a normal bike

As far as I know - best ask the place you are buying it from - or Raleigh

T4tomo

Legendary Member
so when i do buy this raleigh motus GT ,i will more than likely change the saddle bars and peddals.
but if i wanted to change the front fork for a carbon fork it that possible.
i wont need suspention all my cycling will be on tarmac.
I wouldn't bother changing the forks - the bike weighs a lot anyway so doing it to save weight gains nothing, and you have electric to counter the weight anyway , carbon road forks will be different length so it will throw the geometry out.
what were trying to gain by changing them? Contacts points are a different matter...

Good point - my battery is the 300 version and is heavy enough the GT has a bigger, and therefore heavier, battery. There doesn;t really seem to be much point in saving a few grammes on a bike as heavy as an ebike
If you want to save weight - get a second battery that is smaller and you will save more weight - and have 2 batteries for range if you want it one day

Unless - I suppose - you want to make the bike fell different by putting new forks on it

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
I wouldn't bother changing the forks - the bike weighs a lot anyway so doing it to save weight gains nothing, and you have electric to counter the weight anyway , carbon road forks will be different length so it will throw the geometry out.
what were trying to gain by changing them? Contacts points are a different matter...
weight saying mostly i would imaging the forks are very heavy,pedals i use clipless, saddle ill use my fizik ,not certain on bars until i try. .drops are great because you have so many hand positions ,i never rode a straight bar in my life but i suppose its going to give me ore upright and take pressure off my bad back.

thanks for replys lads.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
i wanted to change the front fork for a carbon fork it that possible.

Carbon MTB-style forks are available.

They would fit on the Motus without knacking the geometry.

Decent weight saving in kg terms, but not so much in percentage terms.

I've handled an ebike so converted.

The lighter front end is noticeable.

I think @jowwy put a carbon fork on one of his ebikes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Carbon MTB-style forks are available.

They would fit on the Motus without knacking the geometry.

Decent weight saving in kg terms, but not so much in percentage terms.

I've handled an ebike so converted.

The lighter front end is noticeable.

I think @jowwy put a carbon fork on one of his ebikes.
yup, carbon mtb forks and 2" slicks for road fun

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
would you believe it they put the price up to 2600
guess im going to be waiting a few more months.

CXRAndy

Guru
:rolleyes:

Does seem quite pricey. I've ordered full suspension bike for just over £3k- albeit direct Chinese manufacturer and wont be delivered until late April/May. I suppose its the Covid bumping prices-it certainly did for indoor turbo trainers and weight lifting kit

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
:rolleyes:

Does seem quite pricey. I've ordered full suspension bike for just over £3k- albeit direct Chinese manufacturer and wont be delivered until late April/May. I suppose its the Covid bumping prices-it certainly did for indoor turbo trainers and weight lifting kit
if i bought a duck it would sink.

You can often get them cheaper off the online shops - especially if you are OK with one from last season

although I have not idea what their post sales support is like or how your LBS would react if you asked them to fix it

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
You can often get them cheaper off the online shops - especially if you are OK with one from last season

although I have not idea what their post sales support is like or how your LBS would react if you asked them to fix it
ahh don't want to buy online i want some back up if anything should go wrong.
pity i cant go 2600 ,i like the look of the cube touring pro.but is it as good as the raleigh.this will be the last bike i'll ever buy so got to get it right.hah sold my bianchi frame only yesterday to fund the raleigh.

Top Bottom