raleigh twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarryG

It's still in the boot at the moment, will probably be the weekend before I get chance.

If the paint cleans up well, I might keep it like that for a bit. Or I may attempt my first spray job, thought they had sprayed but I have spotted brush marks.

Might go orange if I do.

GarryG

@roadrash - are you up for taking them out on a short local ride once it's eventually done?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I note that some of the posters here are also on the Raleigh Twenty FB page as was I. I have recently permanently deleted my FB account 'cos in the main FB bored the ars of me, but I would like to be kept informed of any news and events that are reported on FB. I wonder if folk would be kind enough to post the occasional FB RT item on here from time to time, especially any group rides that might be taking place. Thank you.

Sauce pot

Regular
Looks great. I used to have red one when I was about 10 or 11. I loved that bike back then.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
eckshhhoooooally, according to the 1975 price list I have they were offered sale later. It's the KP500A, it was offered with no kickstand, no carrier and single speed for £48.00 plus 8.5% VAT.

The chain guard dates this bike as a mid/late 60's version, though they were still selling them into about 1970.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
UPDATE...

I have finally found a period style bike box/bag for my Kingpin, it's taken about three years. Its a new one but copied from an old design by a company called Cycle Chic, they don't make them any more, but when they did they cost about £45.00 I found this one on the Bay of E for £15 +p&p. The "completist" in me is very pleased with it, not only does it look the part it's manufacture is of a higher standard than the original, much sturdier without the cardboard lining.

They don't come very often, ironically there's another one on the Bay the correct colour and period for my bike, but I cant be bothered to bid on that now...I think.

1-IMG_0017.JPG

1-IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom