raleigh twenty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Ride it :smile:

We sold a shed load in the 70's.........OK, I worked in a bike shop with a racing background but we knew which side our bread was buttered :smile: we always got the buyers to ride the bikes they wanted to buy, there were not a lot of cars on the road so it was pretty safe. The Twenty / Shopper / Stowaway group rode really very well and after a ride round the block they were happy to buy :smile:

The Grifter was a different story........

Shaun

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@Dirtyhanz if you want a do er upper I have a couple of spare Kingpin Frames and bits, and wheels if you want a project. Free if you collect them

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That's fab! I'm loving my BSA shopper, the Twenty is a better ride I bet too.
There is huge joy in riding something different as said up thread, all these old girls are worth saving and using.

If it's a Sturmy hub it should have a date stamped on it.

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Hi CarlP would love them frames but sorry just to far fore me thankyou for the offer you should put them on the site see of any body would like them I am sure there would be takers will now start looking out for one closer to me they sound like they ate really well made.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Hi CarlP would love them frames but sorry just to far fore me thankyou for the offer you should put them on the site see of any body would like them I am sure there would be takers will now start looking out for one closer to me they sound like they ate really well made.

I have and someone has bagsied them, but I need to get a quote for posting, which frankly is a pain, i'd rather someone collected them.Having said that I'm considering keeping one of them to make a BMX type bike out of it.

Some seem to think the the Kingpin is a better built bike then the Twenty, I don't know about that, but they don't seem to have the fan base of the Twenty.

I would like to find a group of Twenty / Kingpin owners to go on a ride with.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have and someone has bagsied them, but I need to get a quote for posting, which frankly is a pain, i'd rather someone collected them.Having said that I'm considering keeping one of them to make a BMX type bike out of it.

Some seem to think the the Kingpin is a better built bike then the Twenty, I don't know about that, but they don't seem to have the fan base of the Twenty.

I would like to find a group of Twenty / Kingpin owners to go on a ride with.
@CarlP i have used senditnow.com for shipping bikes very good value and reliable

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
I would love to do a ride with a few kingpins and twentys imagine the looks you would get especially off the roadies.
I think the quality of build of the kingpin dose seem to be better from what I have I read I have just finished a restoration on a moulton and that seems to be about the same as the twenty The moulton was from 1964 and the twenty from 76

Top Bottom