rammed a pedestrian today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ahhh yes it would be great to get a Duke Boys Car Air Horn.:blush:

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
I'd like a horn that plays random samples such as a dog growling and barking or sheet glass being broken, sounds like these get peoples attention really quickly?

I thought you were already well known for prowling the streets of south London barking and growling at people? :biggrin:

I was cycling along once...I don't know where it was but there was a old man and a dog walking away from me on the pavement.Suddenly I made a screech like a car skidding out of control and the bloke really bricked it.It was so funny but I doubt whether I could ever do that again.It was a one off fluke.:biggrin:

OP
OP
T

Trillian

tdr1nka said:
* remembering that the air horns on the General Lee, played the first line of Dixie - The Confederate Anthem; Diddle ee dee diddle iddle ee dee dee dee, of course. *

aye, and that was only cos on the first day of filming someone went past with the horn, they decided they liked it, chased the guy, caught up and bought the horn off him.

i didn't have time to ring a bell or anything (no where to mount it on the bars either.

domtyler said:
I suggest you invest in an Airzound! :biggrin:

?
domtyler - can you recommend an Airzound supplier ? I'm commuting more these days and am beginning to see the benefit of one.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Then modify with a 2L coke bottle as reservoir. Perfect since I can hide the bottle away in my tailfairing, maybe not so practical for an upright. I only have to charge mine once in a while now.

jmaccyd

Sometimes a collision is just going to happen. The key of course is that you where going slowly, so that the coming together was mot a serious incident. This is something the 'Safe Speed' loonies just don't get!

Quite a few years ago I was heading down Ranelagh Road in Dublin, its relatively narrow and gets very congested in the rush hours. So much so that this night it was jammed for miles in each direction. As I was passed down the left in the bike lane (unfortunately the road was too narrow to go on the right of cars). I slowed down and kept an eye on the peds at one point I was undertaking a small van (a bit smaller than a Transyt) and a jogger decided to run across the congested road and came out fast from my right, with my view blocked by the van. I braked hard and only my front tyre hit him, he apologised and so did I. On reflection I thought at least I was going a safe speed and no one actually got hurt; he could of got it worse, mopeds quite regularly use the bike lanes :biggrin:

jmaccyd said:
Sometimes a collision is just going to happen. The key of course is that you where going slowly, so that the coming together was mot a serious incident. This is something the 'Safe Speed' loonies just don't get!

Actually the Ss loonies do get this, their whole argument is not to drive up to a limit (as most motons do) but to drive at the right speed for the conditions.

Unfortunately their argument falls flat on its face thanks to the inability of the motoring population in general to safely control their cars, even under the speed limit system.

When was the last time you came across a driver travelling under the limit because under the conditions they knew they were not up to handling their car at the speed limit? This includes foggy m-ways etc - how many people driver their cars at a speed appropriate to the distance they can see?

jmaccyd

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
When was the last time you came across a driver travelling under the limit because under the conditions they knew they were not up to handling their car at the speed limit? This includes foggy m-ways etc - how many people driver their cars at a speed appropriate to the distance they can see?

Rarely.

Top Bottom