Rant : why don't ruddy car drivers like using the entire ruddy road

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by IBarrett, 28 Jan 2018.

1. Drago

Drago Guru

Be patient my friends. The day will soon come when revenge will be ours. Soon they'll all be in autonomous cars, and we can while away our time confusing them by doing track stands.

2. Ogri (in 'Bike' magazine) once crafted spiked hubs, etc.... for Armegeddon (his bike)

raleighnut likes this.
  3. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

I sometimes wonder if viewing cycling as a hobby by full time motorists is the problem, ; it's no more a hobby than walking down the street is; it's a way of life. ! .:rolleyes:.. :angel:.. :okay:.

4. Isnt everything mentioned in here just part of everyday riding?

I dont really see the point in going over the same thing every day.

dave r and Drago like this.
  5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

pol-onelesscar-780239.jpg

Drago and Maenchi like this.
  6. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
    Drago likes this.
  7. It's the sense of entitlement from knowing that there is no longer any road law enforcement worth thinking about.

I used to ride with an ex army guy who was only too happy to catch up with them. You've never seen people jump back in their tin box so fast!

raleighnut likes this.
  8. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

My wife has just had a bloke shaking his fist and shouting at her for parking in his street, she was parking away from his house and outside of a customers where she was going to do the elderly ladies feet. The temptation for me to go and offer some calming advice to him is strong.

NorthernDave, IBarrett, Drago and 2 others like this.
  9. This is one of my favourite rants! Oh yes they like to 'own' bit of public highway. Where my mother lives, if you park on the wrong patch of tarmac you get the oldies bashing on the door and shaking with rage as they describe their perfectly healthy husband's battle with cancer 10 years ago to justify why they have to be 10 feet closer than the 30 yards from their door they normally are (the bungalows are set back from the road). Pretty rich considering my mother has to get to my car, and she can't walk unaided at all.

Drago, raleighnut and NorthernDave like this.
  10. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

It's one of life's little ironies that in my street which is chock a block with cars, we all squeeze in and rub along just fine. Go to suberbia where there's loads of room, and it's suddenly a big problem

GuyBoden and screenman like this.
  11. Drago

Drago Guru

You could go across and fix his stonechips. That'd learn 'im!

screenman likes this.
  12. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

:rofl: "nobody is tempted to" :rolleyes: I hope your brakes work well or you can jump kerbs! Heck, I've even seen motorists wrong-side the island and halt facing oncoming traffic rather than abort a misjudged overtake... :headshake:

dave r and raleighnut like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    IBarrett

IBarrett Senior Member

My own mother did this last time I was there. She was ranting about the person down the road parking outside her house yet she doesn't even own a car!

14. shnjmsn

shnjmsn Active Member

As someone who drives 40K miles a year and rides 8K miles a year, I'm pretty sure it's because most drivers who don't ride don't have a bleedin' clue what it feels like to have cars skimming by your elbows at 70mph ! On more than one occasion i've been flashed at or beeped at by the car behind me because i won't overtake a cyclist until there's enough room to get by safely..... now that's annoying !!!!!!

15. Drago

Drago Guru

I once got moaned at by a woman from across the road, who was bleating about the noise my dog was making and giving me a damn good finger wagging.

Except that I didn't own a dog.

raleighnut and IBarrett like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice