RANT!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
summerdays said:
I like the slant on that Wigsie...

I prefer the slants on that cheryl cole

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im 6th form, not a school student. Main school rules dont apply. We get treated like adults so we are allowed phones and mp3s.
I could easily leave my phone on the table and record, he would probably not be too happy and tell me to remove it though if he knew it was recording.

We have our own little block because we are 6th form. If anyone from a lower year comes in and bes a little shoot, well, 6th form rules apply, head of 6th form turns a blind eye and child is removed by a few of the 6th formers.
He came in on monday because a year 8 was being an idiot trying to get in, kicking doors and stuff, and when he went to walk around to a door hes allowed in to get to a normal school class room(has a door in to the 6th form block from that corridoor) head of 6th form got a few of us out incase said child tried to come in, and then walked off:laugh::smile:
Great fun, ive picked a kid up and threw him back out. He came in with his mates saying 6th form smells of sweat and its a shoot hole, so it was one kid each and out they went:laugh:
Ahhhh, i love 6th form.
Interupted peoples games of ping pong and poker though!!!!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
6th form in a Secondary or Upper school are shoot imo. Mine was so I left and took a year out and went to a purpose built 6th form college that was and still is the dogs bollox.

:smile:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
:smile: What?! They are! At an actual purpose built 6th form college you get waymore respect as a student, treated like a young adult rather then the school pupil you have been for the past 3/5 years and way more resources to study and to do research.

We do get that respect from other teachers.
The teacher i have a problem with, we dont. He still treats us like kids.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
Hence, you have just proved one of the points I made in the previous post.

Thats one person though.
I coudl mvoe to another 6th form and still have a clash with someone.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
User3143 is totally right. I went to a college, not even a dedicated 6th form one, there were plenty of other things on site. Best educational establishment I've ever been to. You get treated totally normally, school it is not. The lecturers are not teachers and are on less cushy part time contracts and basically want to be there. Some of the ones we had were ex-industry and ex-examiners. Plenty of the people want to be there too.

bonj2

User3143 said:
Purpose built 6th form college I very much doubt you would. If you was to give any shoot to the tutors and not do the work then you would be kicked out.

This was made very clear to us all by my Business Studies tutor within the first week.

''....we are under no legal obligation to keep you here and to teach you. If you mess around, don't complete your homework are consistently late or don't turn up then you will be thrown off the course.''

:thumbsup:We actually turned out to be the best class he had ever had. On the second module exam over 3/4 of the class passed with an ''A''

6th form on a school isn't under any legal obligation to keep you there.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

My Photography teacher called up yesterday morning. (the teacher who i dislike spoke to him, strange dont you think that this teacher calls up after he has been spoken to?) to tell my mum i dont do his homework. To which my first reply to my mum was, "what homework?"
He never sets us any homework, just lets us take pictures and mess around with them while he sits on his computer looking up cricket/football results, and other stuff.

There deffinatly is no homework that he sets.

I give up.
Not much sleep last night.
My mum has said that if it carries on she wants to move me to a college, which i dont want to do.
My dad says to just pull me out and me to get a job/apprentiship. But getting a job/apprentiship wouldnt be so easy so thats not really an option. Hes giving up smoking though, and was his 3rd day yesterday, so he was abit touchy/ratty.

At the moment i just want to go in, let off steam to these teachers and tell them where to shove their course. But i cant do that.
My mum thinks the teacher who has a problem, has numbered days. She wont write a written complaint because it would go on his record, and he would probably get the sack. He has 3 kids and a wife.
But, after hes been suspended a few times before, for being an idiot, and has even said to us that he doesnt care if he gets suspended because he still gets paid, he doesnt seem to care much.
As i see it, if he hasnt learnt by now, and wants to be a nob then he shouldnt be teaching. But nevermind.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not knowing these things (oldest is only Y9 so just getting into GCSE's), presumably you have sat some papers this year? if the worst came to the worst would they enable to you transfer to a college at the start of Y13? Not suggesting you do that ... just is that an option available or would you have to resit the last year?

Do you know if any other pupil has had major problems with him - perhaps in other year groups? And did they make complaints to the school?

I really don't know what to suggest other than the keep your head down - could your mum go in and talk to either your tutor or head of year and see if they have any suggestions about the best way to overcome the incompatibility between you and the teacher. For example if it was possible to change who was teaching that course as you hinted (I don't know how realistic that is), or you missing his lessons but being allowed to tape the content and get all the hand outs for a week or two and let it calm down between you.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

summerdays said:
Not knowing these things (oldest is only Y9 so just getting into GCSE's), presumably you have sat some papers this year? if the worst came to the worst would they enable to you transfer to a college at the start of Y13? Not suggesting you do that ... just is that an option available or would you have to resit the last year?
Yep, i could transfer over. This is what my mum wants me to do, im not so keen.

Do you know if any other pupil has had major problems with him - perhaps in other year groups? And did they make complaints to the school?
Not in this year, but over the years i know he has had many complaints after he has done certain things

I really don't know what to suggest other than the keep your head down - could your mum go in and talk to either your tutor or head of year and see if they have any suggestions about the best way to overcome the incompatibility between you and the teacher. For example if it was possible to change who was teaching that course as you hinted (I don't know how realistic that is), or you missing his lessons but being allowed to tape the content and get all the hand outs for a week or two and let it calm down between you.

My mum has spoken to management, my head of 6th form, and they have all spoken to him/me, but he still seems to have a problem.
My other geography teacher is the one that has come up with a solution, that she just takes over his lessons meaning we dont have him. We all have problems with him, but he has problems with me and not the others.
This will only happen if she has free lessons and it can be time tabled in. She also doesnt think it will improve, because of how his nature is. She thinks the problem will always be there, and because its not helping my learning/the others learning then if she can just teach the other 2 lessons then it will benefit all of us.

Im going to be keeping my head down today, but if he says anything/be's abit rude then ill leave the lesson and go and see management again.

Err, wouldn't it be better to finish the lesson and just make a note of what he said. You don't have to storm off in the huff.

I've just read this thread and, to be frank, it sounds like you're enjoying the drama. Nonetheless, I hope you get it all sorted out.

ATB.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

GordyFaeEdinburgh said:
Err, wouldn't it be better to finish the lesson and just make a note of what he said. You don't have to storm off in the huff.

I've just read this thread and, to be frank, it sounds like you're enjoying the drama. Nonetheless, I hope you get it all sorted out.

ATB.

I love it, makes me sound good.
Probably the only 6th form student to get a detention and to get sent out of a lesson.
I ****ing love it:rolleyes:

Its not a case of storming out the lesson in a huff. Why should i sit in a lesson when an arrogent cocky twat sits there thinking he is untouchable, and moans that he cant give out any punishment, when none is needed.
You must be pretty bored to read this, and comment?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

GordyFaeEdinburgh said:
Clearly your attitude is not the problem in any way.

I would estimate my boredom to be equivalent to that of the other commenters on this thread.

;):laugh::thumbsup:
Then dont read the thread;)
Its simple, you just dont click onto it;):sad:

Top Bottom