Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Will just ride and see where I end up . Zwift are making a big thing about this year but to me that's just about have I got enough time to complete the challenge . Doing it outside in Britian is a proper challenge

Tribansman

Veteran
I'm in. Got 400 miles to do to get to my annual target of 10,000 miles for the first time. Progress stalled due to COVID and the ice and snow so left with a bit of a challenge!

Milzy

Guru
Done before in a cold snap. Next time I do it will be on Zwift. Then probably never again unless I win lotto and get into Australia.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Going to be a mix of real riding and Zwift for me. Did 164 real kilometres today. I need to be up to put the turkey in the oven early tomorrow so will likely do an hour or so on Zwift before the rest of the lazy gits get up.

I think the weather forecast is rain every day here in Leicester, so looks like it will be the rest on Zwift.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think the weather forecast is rain every day here in Leicester, so looks like it will be the rest on Zwift.

Isn’t the weather the point of the timing of the Rapha 500?

Tribansman

Veteran
I'm hoping to do it all outside as I prefer the rain and cold over the excruciatingly boring turbo. The most I've ever done in one sitting inside is 2.5 hours and the lack of standing meant my arris was red raw!

Sallar55

Veteran
It used to be a challenge. Completing it was dependant upon weather ,daylight and the amount of spare time you had. Now if you can do it on the turbo whats the point , its not a challenge any more. As for those down under why not a June version for them.🫢 And the further north you live it can be a nightmare 500.

AlanW

Guru
It used to be a challenge. Completing it was dependant upon weather ,daylight and the amount of spare time you had. Now if you can do it on the turbo whats the point , its not a challenge any more. As for those down under why not a June version for them.🫢 And the further north you live it can be a nightmare 500.

Absolutely agree. I've completed them all when, as you say it was a proper challenge. The key was to hit it hard on the first day and try and get a 100 miler in the bank.

Top Bottom